Tax Controversy Specialists - Financial Services
Job Type: Full time
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
We are looking for Tax Controversy Specialists at either the Senior Consultant, Manager or Senior Manager rank to join the Financial Services Tax Controversy team in our Sydney office.
The Financial Services Tax Controversy team operates within the Financial Services (FS) practice at EY. This FS team includes tax advisory, tax compliance, transactions, international tax and financial services law. Our Financial Services Tax Controversy team assists clients with navigating through tax risk management (including tax governance), assisting with Revenue Authority inquiries and tax dispute resolution. Your role will also manage relationships with clients and the Revenue Authority and collaborate with FSO team members.
Your key responsibilities
- Advise a range of clients in various financial services sectors in relation to tax controversy matters, including:
- Helping them to develop and document their tax corporate governance processes and test the design and operational effectiveness of their tax corporate governance framework.
- Assisting with responding to information requests from the ATO.
- Research matters of tax administration, advising in relation to dispute resolution processes and helping clients respond to requests for information in the context of ATO reviews and audits.
- Draft objections, private binding ruling requests, requests for amended assessments and submissions against penalties.
Skills and attributes for success
- Tax technical skills
- Flexibility to work across tax corporate governance, advise on tax technical matters, manage information responses to the ATO.
- Ability to develop strong and broad relationships with clients and provide a high level of client service
- Ability to work with a number of different clients and internal stakeholders on multiple deadlines
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience in tax compliance and reporting, and / or tax advisory
- Experience in financial services highly regarded
- Problem solving abilities and a focus on solutions
- Willingness to learn and get involved in a range of cutting-edge projects
What we offer
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Continuous learning: personalised career development including coaching, experiences and formal learning so you’ll develop the mindset and skills you’ll need to thrive in the future.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
At EY, you’ll be rewarded and recognised based on your performance and our comprehensive benefits package can be tailored to your individual needs.
We hold a collective commitment to foster an environment where all differences are valued and respected, practices are equitable, and everyone experiences a sense of belonging. If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process in order to equitably participate, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application via firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +61 3 8650 7788 (option 2).
We understand the importance of social distancing at this time so our recruitment and onboarding process may be managed virtually so we can continue to prioritise the safety and wellbeing of EY people, clients, guests and the broader public.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by EY or by their external third party provider.