Managers and Senior Managers - Audit - Perth
Job Type: Full time
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
We are actively recruiting Audit professionals at the Manager / Senior Manager level to join our team in Perth. Our Audit opportunities are offered on a flexible full-time basis.
Audit is an exciting profession and industry to be part of right now. At EY you will work alongside the data transformation team to create new custom audit solutions which are at the forefront of innovation in digitalising and automating most stages of an audit, leaving time to genuinely engage, consult and connect with our clients and teams.
ASIC's latest inspection of EY audits for FY21 concluded that EY maintained its market leading position in audit quality in Australia. This reflects our continued investment in sustainable audit quality improvement initiatives and our global investment in industry leading technology and data analytic tools.
At EY you will be given all the skills, knowledge and opportunities to progress and become ready to build a better working world for our people, our clients and the communities that support us. You can expect leading-edge learning and development tailored to your unique interests and motivations.
You will play a key role in driving growth by developing new and existing client relationships, leading highly skilled project teams and delivering a first-class customer experience on high-profile engagements.
Your key responsibilities
- Manage the audit engagement by defining audit strategy, in consultation with the Partner, and executing it in compliance with our policies and protocol
- Effectively manage the Audit process with appropriate consideration of audit risk issues and accounting technical matters
- Lead and manage fieldwork on clients’ sites including liaising with other departments to ensure the smooth delivery of the Audit process
- Expertise in accounting frameworks (IFRS) and in related financial reporting matters
Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Proven experience in delivering external audit and assurance engagements
- Experience leading the planning, execution and reporting on audits
- Proven track record with developing and maintaining client relationships
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills and a collaborative approach to management
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- At least 5 years’ experience as an auditor
- A strong academic record, including a degree and progress towards/completion of a recognised accounting qualification (CA, CPA, ACCA) or equivalent
We hold a collective commitment to foster an environment where all differences are valued and respected, practices are equitable and everyone experiences a sense of belonging. If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process in order to equitably participate, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application via firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +61 3 8650 7788 (option 2).
We understand the importance of social distancing at this time so our recruitment and onboarding process may be managed virtually so we can continue to prioritise the safety and wellbeing of EY people, clients, guests and the broader public.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by EY or by their external third party provider. Regarding this role, the minimum salary is $118,000 including superannuation
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
What we offer
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Continuous learning: personalised career development including coaching, experiences and formal learning so you’ll develop the mindset and skills you’ll need to thrive in the future.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
At EY, you’ll be rewarded and recognised based on your performance and our comprehensive benefits package can be tailored to your individual needs.