Legal Counsel -Litigation
Job Type: Full time
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
In your career, will you tick all the right boxes or think outside them?
At EY we believe that whoever you are, your uniqueness helps us stand apart.
We bring together extraordinary people, like you, to build a better working world.
What’s in it for you?
As our Legal Counsel you’ll join our growing Litigation Practice Group (LPG) within the EY General Counsel office. You will be an experienced Lawyer in litigation where you will manage and advise on a range of disputes and litigation matters to support the firm.
In addition, you will also be responsible for:
- Managing contentious investigations and enquiries by Australian regulators.
- Briefing and instructing external solicitors, barristers and internal and external experts.
- Attending mediations and settlement conferences.
- Instructing and assisting in preparation for hearings.
- Liaising with and reporting to a wide variety of stakeholders including EY’s executive, global GCO colleagues and insurers.
- Responding to and advising on orders for document production.
What we’re looking for
Here’s our ‘wish list’ but don’t worry if you don’t tick all the boxes. We’re interested in your strengths, what you want to learn, and how far you want to go.
- At least 6 years post admission experience gained in a top or mid-tier firm and/or in-house experience.
- Ability to provide strategic commercial advice to a range of stakeholders within the Firm.
- Highly developed communication, negotiation and drafting skills.
- Experience in managing large scale commercial disputes.
- Experience in professional negligence will be desirable.
What we can offer you
- Explore how a career at EY is yours to build at www.ey.com/au/careerdevelopment
- Discover how, when and where you can work at www.ey.com/au/flexibility
- Learn about our commitment to DE&I at www.ey.com/au/diversity-inclusiveness
- Understand how our benefits can support you at www.ey.com/au/benefits
Acknowledgement of Country
EY acknowledges the Traditional Owners and Custodians of the lands on which EY offices are located around Australia. We pay our respects to their cultures, and to their Elders — past, present, and emerging. Find out more about our vision for reconciliation at www.ey.com/au/reconciliation
Apply now… we’re over 9,000 perspectives in Australia and we’re ready to welcome yours.
At EY we take inclusivity seriously, and we’re committed to removing barriers and improving the employment prospects of people with disability or long-term health conditions. We encourage you to share any support and adjustments you need to be your best and participate equitably in our recruitment process. We understand sharing your needs with us can be daunting, so if you have questions before or during your application, we welcome you to get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org or +61 3 8650 7788 (option 2). Anything you tell us will be kept completely confidential.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
Our preferred applicant will be required to undertake employment screening by EY or our external third-party provider.