Data Engineer | Data and Analytics
Job Type: Full time
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Could the skills you build here unlock doors anywhere?
At EY we believe that whoever you are, your uniqueness helps us stand apart.
We bring together extraordinary people, like you, to build a better working world.
EY DnA is the data and advanced analytics capability within EY Asia-Pacific, with over 500 specialist employees working across multiple industry sectors.
We implement information-driven strategies and systems that help grow, optimise and protect client organisations. We go beyond strategy and provide end to end implementation of real-life data environments and have some of the best architects, project managers, business analysts, data scientists, big data engineers, developers and consultants in the region.
What's in it for you?
We are looking for an experienced Data Engineer within our Data and Analytics team in our Canberra practice working with a number of high-profile clients this role is offered on a flexible, full-time basis.
- Work with diverse stakeholders to identify their challenges with data that can be addressed using various Analysis techniques
- Be a part of a culture that focuses on delivering excellence for our clients and work with an awesome team of people to work with and access to cutting edge technologies
- Flexibility to work in the way that brings out the best in you and encourages you to do what you love, in an environment that supports you
- Be involved in all aspects of the Project life-cycle, including Strategy, Road-Mapping, Architecture, Implementation and Development in order to gain maximum exposure to set you up for a successful consulting career.
What we're looking for?
Here's our 'wish list' but don't worry if you don't tick all the boxes. We're interested in your strengths, what you want to learn, and how far you want to go. With a background in consulting, we are looking for someone demonstrates passion for a career in data analytics. Providing a consultative service on a variety of data driven decision making projects within a fast-paced consulting environment, you will ideally additionally possess the following:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a data engineer within the data and analytics domain
- Strong project delivery toolset experience in open source data integration tools
- Experience with processing large volumes of complex data. This role works closely with the data services team and regulatory reporting is a key customer of this team
- Ability to define and develop data integration patterns and pipelines
- Ability to assess complexity of data (volume, structure, relationship etc.)
- Hands on technical expertise in Spark, Python, SQL, Java etc
- Hands on experience working with different data bases (RDBMS, NoSQL, Blob storage etc)
- Hands on technical expertise setting up DevOps automation using tools such as Jenkins, Github etc
- Knowledge and experience with cloud platforms is highly regarded
- Experience building data profiling and data cleansing frameworks
- Technical reconciliation and reporting
- Knowledge and experience in end-to-end project delivery, either traditional SDLC or agile delivery methodologies (or hybrid approaches)
- Exceptional communication, documentation and presentation skills
- Due to the nature of the client base, the successful candidate will require Australian Citizenship with a Baseline Security clearance as a minimum
What we can offer you
- Explore how a career at EY is yours to build at www.ey.com/au/careerdevelopment
- Discover how, when and where you can work at www.ey.com/au/flexibility
- Learn about our commitment to DE&I at www.ey.com/au/diversity-inclusiveness
- Understand how our benefits can support you at www.ey.com/au/benefits
Acknowledgement of Country
EY acknowledges the Traditional Owners and Custodians of the lands on which EY offices are located around Australia. We pay our respects to their cultures, and to their Elders — past, present, and emerging. Find out more about our vision for reconciliation at www.ey.com/au/reconciliation
Apply now… we’re over 9,000 perspectives in Australia and we’re ready to welcome yours.
At EY we take inclusivity seriously, and we’re committed to removing barriers and improving the employment prospects of people with disability or long-term health conditions. We encourage you to share any support and adjustments you need to be your best and participate equitably in our recruitment process. We understand sharing your needs with us can be daunting, so if you have questions before or during your application, we welcome you to get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org or +61 3 8650 7788 (option 2). Anything you tell us will be kept completely confidential.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
Our preferred applicant will be required to undertake employment screening by EY or our external third-party provider.