Manager - Infrastructure Advisory
Job Type: Full time
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
What if we didn’t focus on who you are now, but who you could become?
At EY we believe that whoever you are, your uniqueness helps us stand apart.
We bring together extraordinary people, like you, to build a better working world.
What’s in it for you?
We are looking for Manager to join our Strategy and Transactions – Infrastructure Advisory team in Adelaide. Our team is currently working on a range of high profile and large energy projects, across SA and around Australia, including Port Bonython Hydrogen Hub. By joining our team, you’ll work with clients from all levels of government and industry on projects that serve our communities and have meaningful impacts on our society as we transition to net zero.
Elements of the role are expected to include:
- Responsibility for key components of delivery for major energy project development work packages across the project lifecycle from planning to execution, reporting to the Program Management Office
- Developing and maintaining financial and economic models to analyse complex energy projects
- Advising high profile public and private clients on energy infrastructure project development, including developing viable transaction structures and supporting government funding applications
- Developing and negotiating commercial principles for various elements of project development and operations, supporting the effective allocation of key risks of project lifecycles
- Developing feasibility studies and business cases underpinned by robust regulatory, economic, and commercial and financial assessment
- Developing and applying frameworks and methods for assessing value for money, economic and financial impact, examining policy options and advising on regulatory compliance issues
- Work in large multidisciplinary teams of technical and government advisors
- As a leader; mentoring, coaching and supporting junior team members
- Contributing and supporting business development activities.
What we’re looking for
Here’s our ‘wish list’, but don’t worry if you don’t tick all the boxes. We’re interested in your strengths, what you want to learn, and how far you want to go.
- Experience in and knowledge of the Australian energy sector, and experience with green energy such as hydrogen and renewables would be a plus
- Project planning, management, commercial and financial experience directly applicable to an energy project development context
- Appetite to be involved in significant deals and reforms and opportunities that solve for net zero emissions
- Degree qualifications in a relevant discipline, such as economics, corporate finance or engineering
- Demonstrated experience working on complex and mega infrastructure (>$1b) projects would be highly valued
- Ability to work effectively in teams and manage people and clients
What we can offer you
- Explore how a career at EY is yours to build at www.ey.com/au/careerdevelopment
- Discover how, when and where you can work at www.ey.com/au/flexibility
- Learn about our commitment to DE&I at www.ey.com/au/diversity-inclusiveness
- Understand how our benefits can support you at www.ey.com/au/benefits
Acknowledgement of Country
EY acknowledges the Traditional Owners and Custodians of the lands on which EY offices are located around Australia. We pay our respects to their cultures, and to their Elders — past, present, and emerging. Find out more about our vision for reconciliation at www.ey.com/au/reconciliation
Apply now… we’re over 9,000 perspectives in Australia and we’re ready to welcome yours.
At EY we take inclusivity seriously, and we’re committed to removing barriers and improving the employment prospects of people with disability or long-term health conditions. We encourage you to share any support and adjustments you need to be your best and participate equitably in our recruitment process. We understand sharing your needs with us can be daunting, so if you have questions before or during your application, we welcome you to get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org or +61 3 8650 7788 (option 2). Anything you tell us will be kept completely confidential.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
Our preferred applicant will be required to undertake employment screening by EY or our external third-party provider.
What we can offer you
Explore how a career at EY is yours to build at www.ey.com/au/careerdevelopment
Discover how, when and where you can work at www.ey.com/au/flexibility
Learn about our commitment to DE&I at www.ey.com/au/diversity-inclusiveness
Understand how our benefits can support you at www.ey.com/au/benefits