Senior Consultant - Technology Risk - Consulting
Job Type: Full time
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Mā te kahukura ka rere te manu I With wings a bird will fly
At EY we believe that whoever you are, your uniqueness helps us stand apart.
We bring together extraordinary people, like you, to build a better working world.
Kei a koe te mana I The choice is yours
As our Senior Consultant you’ll join our successful and growing team in either of our offices, in Auckland or Wellington. You will focus on providing IT risk management services to our clients. Our Technology Risk team provides a broad range of risk assurance services to support our clients’ governance and risk needs. You will be:
- Participating in engagements with some of NZ’s largest organisations and other Technology Risk professionals to analyse, evaluate and enhance information systems and resources facilitating the business internal control process, to maximise efficiencies and minimise IT risk
- Participation in IT assurance engagements including the execution of evaluating and design of IT controls (e.g. application & IT general controls) in support of external and internal reviews as well as Program Assurance engagements
- Delivering against leading IT risk and security frameworks and standards (e.g. CoBIT, ITIL, PSR, NZISM, ISO, Sarbanes Oxley Act)
- Use knowledge of the current IT environment and industry IT trends to identify the engagement and client service issues, and communicate this information to the engagement team and client management
- Ensuring deliverables are on time and to the standard expected by the client and engagement leadership
- Creating and leveraging trusted relationships both internal and external
- Solving problems with a focus on collaboration and sharing knowledge
Ō Pūmanawa I What we’re looking for
Here’s our ‘wish list’ but don’t worry if you don’t tick all the boxes. We’re interested in your strengths, what you want to learn, and how far you want to go.
- Demonstrate and apply a thorough understanding of complex information systems
- Demonstrate and apply strong project management skills, inspiring teamwork and responsibility with engagement team members, using current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of deliverables and services
- A desire to learn, ‘have a go’ attitude and a curious mindset
- A logical and structured approach to challenges
Kuhu mai ki a EY I Come, be a part of EY
- Explore how a career at EY is yours to build at www.ey.com/nz/careerdevelopment
- Discover how, when and where you can work at www.ey.com/nz/flexibility
- Learn about our commitment to DE&I at www.ey.com/nz/diversity-inclusiveness
- Understand how our benefits can support you at www.ey.com/nz/benefits
Apply now… we’re over 1,000 perspectives in Aotearoa New Zealand and we’re ready to welcome yours.
At EY we take inclusivity seriously, and we’re committed to removing barriers and improving the employment prospects of people with disability or long-term health conditions. We encourage you to share any support and adjustments you need to be your best and participate equitably in our recruitment process. We understand sharing your needs with us can be daunting, so if you have questions before or during your application, we welcome you to get in touch at email@example.com or +64 9 300 7044 (option 2). Anything you tell us will be kept completely confidential
Whāia te iti kahurangi I The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
Our preferred applicant will be required to undertake employment screening by EY or our external third-party provider.