Senior Consultant - Audit - Digital - New Zealand
Job Type: Full time
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Senior Consultant - IT and Digital - Audit - Digital Assurance
Mā te kahukura ka rere te manu I With wings a bird will fly
At EY we believe that whoever you are, your uniqueness helps us stand apart.
We bring together extraordinary people, like you, to build a better working world.
Kei a koe te mana I The choice is yours
As our Senior Consultant - IT and Digital you will work with Audit teams to help our clients meet their financial reporting requirements by delivering IT audit services, enhancing our Digital Assurance capabilities and providing meaningful insights into technology risk matters. This role can be based in Auckland, Wellington or Christchurch.
You will also have the opportunity to develop your skills in emerging technology by working with our leading-edge Digital team, supporting projects in emerging technologies from Cyber, Blockchain, AI to Data Analytics. You’ll be given all the skills, knowledge, and exciting learning opportunities to build your career, and the chance to make a real impact.
- As part of the Digital Assurance team, deliver IT-related audit procedures for the audits of financial statements for small- to mid-sized companies and other organisations. Collaborate with Assurance professionals to design and deliver high quality, integrated, repeatable, efficient IT audit services.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of IT application controls, IT general controls and system-generated reports across a range of client industries and technology platforms. Consistently apply EY’s Global Audit Methodology and professional standards to deliver high-quality IT audit services.
- Assist in building the IT audit capability in Oceania Core Assurance to support the efficient and consistent IT audit service delivery, identify IT controls and help Assurance professionals plan responsive audit strategies.
- Working with our Digital Assurance Specialists, support the delivery of technology assurance services including Cybersecurity assessments and other emerging technologies, such as Blockchain and AI.
Ō Pūmanawa I What we’re looking for
Here’s our ‘wish list’ but don’t worry if you don’t tick all the boxes. We’re interested in your strengths, what you want to learn, and how far you want to go.
- Proven experience as an Auditor delivering IT audit and/or technology risk engagements
- Experience in IT risk and controls, data analytics and common ERP systems
- Experience leading the planning, execution and reporting on audits
- Proven track record with developing and maintaining client relationships
- Excellent communication, project management, and teaming skills
- A strong academic record, including a degree and progress towards/completion of professional qualifications, such as CISA.
- Experience in the assessment and implementation of IT standards and certifications, such as SOC, COBIT, ISO2700x
- An understanding of Cybersecurity risks, controls and frameworks
- An appreciation of technology risk considerations for emerging technologies such as Blockchain, Artificial Intelligence and Robotic Process Automation
Apply now… we’re over 1,000 perspectives in Aotearoa New Zealand and we’re ready to welcome yours.
At EY we take inclusivity seriously, and we’re committed to removing barriers and improving the employment prospects of people with disability or long-term health conditions. We encourage you to share any support and adjustments you need to be your best and participate equitably in our recruitment process. We understand sharing your needs with us can be daunting, so if you have questions before or during your application, we welcome you to get in touch at email@example.com or +64 9 300 7044 (option 2). Anything you tell us will be kept completely confidential.
Whāia te iti kahurangi I The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
Our preferred applicant will be required to undertake employment screening by EY or our external third-party provider.
No better question in NZ version we will always use this whakataukī (Māori proverb).
Kei a koe te mana I The choice is yours - Instructions
This section should include one brief paragraph that succinctly summarises the role and outcomes.
Please use the Seek Laws of Attraction portal to tailor this section based on your target audience.
Bullet points should not exceed 3 and focus on an impact or outcome of the role, something that’s cool about the role, and another exciting point of interest.
*Work alongside financiers, investors, businesses, and Government bodies
*Find financial, strategic, operational and policy solutions
*Maintain work life balance through hybrid working
Ō Pūmanawa I What we’re looking for - Instructions
Our desire is to remove barriers by reducing the number of bullet points outlining desired experience. We recognise that there are times when we need this info e.g., if the role requires sponsorship or if there are technical requirements.
Where possible please keep bullet points to a minimum (no more than three is ideal).
Kuhu mai ki a EY (Come, be a part of EY) – Instructions
This section links to key information. Seek don’t allow hyperlinks so please remove the hyperlink when posting to Seek and leave the text. There are other job boards where the hyperlink may not work. The workaround is that the candidate has the option to copy and paste the text links into their browser if they so wish hence why we’re included the website address.
Text highlighted in yellow has been added to the footer on the master req templates. This text is MANDATORY for all job ads.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
Kuhu mai ki a EY I Come, be a part of EY
- Explore how a career at EY is yours to build at www.ey.com/nz/careerdevelopment
- Discover how, when and where you can work at www.ey.com/nz/flexibility
- Learn about our commitment to DE&I at www.ey.com/nz/diversity-inclusiveness
- Understand how our benefits can support you at www.ey.com/nz/benefits