Market Research - Observational Studies & Face-to-Face Interviewer - Central Coast
Job Type: Part time
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Who we are:
EY Sweeney is a fully integrated part of the EY Consulting business which offers research and strategy planning services to a wide range of businesses across Australia. We are a major player in the market research industry, with a client-centric, outcome driven approach. We provide recommendations to our clients based on market research data and the quality of this work has won some of Australia’s largest projects in the market research industry.
What’s in it for you:
As a Market Researcher, you’ll be at the forefront of our data collection process. The program measures the quality and consistency of service providers with an observational mindset from a set list of criteria delivered from the client, as well as face to face interactions with the general public with a short form survey. Interactions will be undertaken using our client’s services around the Central Coast, Newcastle and the Greater Sydney region.
Your role will be to engage with our client’s services using a questionnaire and methodology to provide a snapshot of the experience for members of the public, as well as provide observational feedback for a set of criteria detailed by the client.
The collected data will be utilized to develop reports for client-centric strategic planning.
This market research project runs from mid-October to mid-November and shifts start as early as 7:00am or ends as late as 8:00pm. Shift lengths are typically between 7 to 8 hours.
Applicants deemed potentially suitable will be invited to complete an online interview. For successful Applicants, you will be contacted for paid training to be held at our Sydney office. Attendance is mandatory to be considered for the role. Those who perform well and have good availability may be offered work on other casual projects.
What we’re looking for:
You will need to be comfortable working on the public transport network and confident in approaching people.
- Minimum availability of three days per week (weekends inclusive)
- Project will have shift start time from 7:00am or late finish at 8:00pm – availability for these times will be required
- People from all walks of life and ages
- Eligibility to work in Australia
- Demonstrated fluency in spoken and written English - excellent grammar, punctuation and spelling is required
- Ability to understand and follow correct procedures with minimal errors
- A strong interest in the data collection process and adherence to data integrity
- Adaptability to work in dynamic environments and across various field research programs
- Punctuality, respectfulness, and professional presentation
- Willingness to work on your feet in outdoor environments for various shift lengths and times
- Excellent communication skills with respondents, stakeholders and greater EY Sweeney team
- Proven understanding of the standards relating to quality data in market research (accuracy, consistency, and integrity).
- Experience in market research will be highly regarded but not essential
What we can offer you:
- Above award hourly rates plus allowances (in accordance with the provisions of the NUW and AMSRO market research industry agreement)
- Paid travel time/expenses as per AMSRO agreement
- Paid training under ISO 20252
- Flexible work arrangements
- The opportunity to work with one of the largest professional firms in the world, which holds an excellent global reputation for company culture through ‘building a better working world.’
Explore how a career at EY is yours to build at www.ey.com/au/careerdevelopment.
Discover how, when and where you can work at www.ey.com/au/flexibility.
Learn about our commitment to DE&I at www.ey.com/au/diversity-inclusiveness.
Acknowledgement of Country
EY acknowledges the Traditional Owners and Custodians of the lands on which EY offices are located around Australia. We pay our respects to their cultures, and to their Elders — past, present, and emerging. Find out more about our vision for reconciliation at www.ey.com/au/reconciliation
Apply now… we’re over 9,000 perspectives in Australia and we’re ready to welcome yours.
At EY we take inclusivity seriously, and we’re committed to removing barriers and improving the employment prospects of people with disability or long-term health conditions. We encourage you to share any support and adjustments you need to be your best and participate equitably in our recruitment process. We understand sharing your needs with us can be daunting, so if you have questions before or during your application, we welcome you to get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org or +61 3 8650 7788 (option 2). Anything you tell us will be kept completely confidential.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world