Manager - Technical Accounting - IFRS and Transactions - Financial Accounting Advisory Services
Job Type: Full time
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Manager – Technical Accounting – IFRS and Transactions – Financial Accounting Advisory Services
What if your career could have a lasting impact on you, and the World?
At EY we believe that whoever you are, your uniqueness helps us stand apart.
We bring together extraordinary people, like you, to build a better working world.
What’s in it for you?
As a Manager in our Financial Accounting Advisory Services team focused on our Enhanced Corporate Reporting and Accounting and Transactions service offerings, you will work with a wide range of clients on a broad range of issues that matter to their businesses. These will include middle market businesses through to some of the world’s largest companies. You will provide practical, hands-on support, guidance, and solutions to address their financial accounting and reporting challenges.
- Proactively lead various aspects of engagements including planning, approach, stakeholder management, commercial engagement outcomes, risk management and building and maintaining high performing teams
- Work collaboratively with our clients on a wide range of engagements such as assessing the impact of current, proposed new or revised accounting standards (AAS, IFRS and/or US GAAP) on an entity’s business, their transactions and their financial accounting and reporting, and assisting them to practically interpret and implement impacts
- Working as an integral part of the client’s deal team across the transaction’s lifecycle (including pre deal and post deal) to evaluate potential structures to provide insights on the potential accounting impacts and outcomes, e.g., IPO, equity/debt raising, acquisitions, divestments, and financial buy-side and sell-side due diligence. Further, you will assist with post deal implementation related accounting and reporting matters.
- Participating in overall practice strategy execution.
What we’re looking for
Here’s our ‘wish list’ but don’t worry if you don’t tick all the boxes. We’re interested in your strengths, what you want to learn, and how far you want to go.
- CA or equivalent professional qualification
- A degree in accounting and/or another appropriate academic major
- A minimum of 6 years’ relevant experience
- Excellent leadership and project management skills
- A self-starter who is open-minded, coachable, self-aware and has a desire to learn
- Intellectual curiosity, strong technical accounting knowledge (IFRS, AAS and/or US GAAP) and a demonstrated ability to quickly grasp complex concepts
- Ability to clearly articulate complex accounting concepts and issues to non-specialists and work collaboratively (with clients and across EY service lines)
- Strong business writing skills (formal and informal) and a demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong and broad client relationships
Acknowledgement of Country
EY acknowledges the Traditional Owners and Custodians of the lands on which EY offices are located around Australia. We pay our respects to their cultures, and to their Elders — past, present, and emerging. Find out more about our vision for reconciliation at www.ey.com/au/reconciliation
Apply now… we’re over 9,000 perspectives in Australia and we’re ready to welcome yours.
At EY we take inclusivity seriously, and we’re committed to removing barriers and improving the employment prospects of people with disability or long-term health conditions. We encourage you to share any support and adjustments you need to be your best and participate equitably in our recruitment process. We understand sharing your needs with us can be daunting, so if you have questions before or during your application, we welcome you to get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org or +61 3 8650 7788 (option 2). Anything you tell us will be kept completely confidential.
Our preferred applicant will be required to undertake employment screening by EY or our external third-party provider.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
What we can offer you
- Explore how a career at EY is yours to build at www.ey.com/au/careerdevelopment
- Discover how, when and where you can work at www.ey.com/au/flexibility
- Learn about our commitment to DE&I at www.ey.com/au/diversity-inclusiveness
- Understand how our benefits can support you at www.ey.com/au/benefits