Managers and Senior Managers - Financial Accounting Advisory Services
Job Type: Full time
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
If we inspire you to do the work you love, will you still call it work?
At EY we believe that whoever you are, your uniqueness helps us stand apart.
We bring together extraordinary people, like you, to build a better working world.
What’s in it for you?
As a Manager or Senior Manager in our FAAS Practice you will partner with Chief Finance Officers, their finance teams, and wider connected business areas to create long-term value, trust, and confidence within their organisations. You will lead teams in driving outcomes and providing advice related to financial reporting, major financial transactions, and financial due diligence both domestically and internationally. Our aim is to have an engaged and highly capable team performing meaningful work in a sustainable practice.
- Participating in overall practice strategy development and leading strategy execution
- Proactively leading all aspects of engagements including planning, approach, stakeholder management, commercial engagement outcomes, resourcing, and risk management
- Establishing high performing teams, coaching, and mentoring team members
- Realising business development plans through strong professional networks, and preparing and delivering proposals
- Maintaining long-term productive client relationships
- Demonstrating an understanding of client industry sector, key performance drivers, business trends, and new technical and industry developments
- Contributing to the development of professional literature and thought leadership on contemporary accounting and finance matters in an insightful and practical context
What we’re looking for
Here’s our ‘wish list’ but don’t worry if you don’t tick all the boxes. We’re interested in your strengths, what you want to learn, and how far you want to go.
- Excellent leadership and project management skills with a proven ability to execute under pressure
- A strong ability to assemble and lead diverse teams in an inclusive manner
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong client relationships
- Proven ability to identify, develop and capture business opportunities
- Ambition and be a self-starter, open-minded, be coachable and self-aware.
- A minimum of 6 years’ relevant experience, and CA or equivalent professional qualification
- Knowledge of accounting standards (IFRS/AASB)
- A degree in accounting and/or another appropriate academic major
Acknowledgement of Country
EY acknowledges the Traditional Owners and Custodians of the lands on which EY offices are located around Australia. We pay our respects to their cultures, and to their Elders — past, present, and emerging. Find out more about our vision for reconciliation at www.ey.com/au/reconciliation
Apply now… we’re over 9,000 perspectives in Australia and we’re ready to welcome yours.
At EY we take inclusivity seriously, and we’re committed to removing barriers and improving the employment prospects of people with disability or long-term health conditions. We encourage you to share any support and adjustments you need to be your best and participate equitably in our recruitment process. We understand sharing your needs with us can be daunting, so if you have questions before or during your application, we welcome you to get in touch at email@example.com or +61 3 8650 7788 (option 2). Anything you tell us will be kept completely confidential.
Our preferred applicant will be required to undertake employment screening by EY or our external third-party provider.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
What we can offer you
- Explore how a career at EY is yours to build at www.ey.com/au/careerdevelopment
- Discover how, when and where you can work at www.ey.com/au/flexibility
- Learn about our commitment to DE&I at www.ey.com/au/diversity-inclusiveness
- Understand how our benefits can support you at www.ey.com/au/benefits