Consultant / Senior Consultant - Corporate Tax, Service Delivery Centre
Job Type: Full time
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
At EY we believe that whoever you are, your uniqueness helps us stand apart.
We bring together extraordinary people, like you, to build a better working world.
What’s in it for you?
With rapid growth over the past five years, EY Financial Services is an exciting place to build your career and make a real impact in the financial services industry. We are seeking a driven Senior Consultant to join our collaborative Corporate Tax team in our Service Delivery Centre, in Ballarat. Our team bring diverse perspectives and backgrounds, creating a welcoming and inclusive work environment that fosters growth and innovation. We prioritise work-life balance and offer part-time opportunities to support our team’s well-being. You will also have the chance to shape and drive your career through our comprehensive development programs to help you be the best version of yourself, both inside and outside of work.
As a Corporate Tax Senior Consultant, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with our skilled and experienced professionals not only in Melbourne but also across Sydney and Brisbane to deliver innovative solutions that help our clients meet their tax obligations while maximizing their business outcomes. Our team is dedicated to staying ahead of the curve when it comes to regulatory and legislative changes, so we can provide our clients with timely and effective advice that meets their unique needs. By joining our team, you will play an integral role in helping our clients navigate the complex tax landscape and achieve their goals. Your main responsibilities include:
- Providing Australian income tax advisory and income tax compliance services to clients across the following sectors,
- Banking and capital markets;
- Wealth and asset management including superannuation funds; and
- Working with a market leading client list, you will form part of a team that advise on tax matters and help clients manage complex tax issues
- Develop strong and dynamic relationships with your clients and become a trusted advisor
- Apply our latest technology including data analytics, automation and robotics to streamline clients tax operations
- Work across multiple projects, both autonomously and as a team member, and collaborate with our global EY tax network
- Develop our team through training and teaching junior staff
What we’re looking for
Here’s our ‘wish list’ but don’t worry if you don’t tick all the boxes. We’re interested in your strengths, what you want to learn, and how far you want to go:
- Australian corporate income tax or fund tax experience, ideally gained in a top tier accounting firm, mid tier accounting firm, corporate business (including superannuation, insurance, banking and wealth and asset management) – 3+ plus years of experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage engagements, with strong influencing skills to pull the right levers to drive the best outcomes
- An ability to articulate complex technical information into succinct, well-informed recommendations to your clients
- Works well in a team and has a high attention to detail
- The willingness to invest time to learn and develop
- Completed CA qualifications or equivalent
What we can offer you
- Explore how a career at EY is yours to build at ey.com/au/careerdevelopment
- Discover how, when and where you can work at ey.com/au/flexibility
- Learn about our commitment to DE&I at ey.com/au/diversity-inclusiveness
- Understand how our benefits can support you at ey.com/au/benefits
Acknowledgement of Country
EY acknowledges the Traditional Owners and Custodians of the lands on which EY offices are located around Australia. We pay our respects to their cultures, and to their Elders — past, present, and emerging. Find out more about our vision for reconciliation at www.ey.com/au/reconciliation
Apply now… we’re over 9,000 perspectives in Australia and we’re ready to welcome yours.
At EY we take inclusivity seriously, and we’re committed to removing barriers and improving the employment prospects of people with disability or long-term health conditions. We encourage you to share any support and adjustments you need to be your best and participate equitably in our recruitment process. We understand sharing your needs with us can be daunting, so if you have questions before or during your application, we welcome you to get in touch at email@example.com or +61 3 8650 7788 (option 2). Anything you tell us will be kept completely confidential.