Job Type: Full time
We are unique
We are a regional business that thinks on a global level. We work with determined, passionate and curious people to empower communities to share and use energy for a better tomorrow. With a network that powers 95% of NSW and parts of Southern Queensland, we ensure homes, hospitals, schools, businesses, and services stay connected.
About the role
We are currently recruiting for a heavy vehicle and/or plant technician to join our fleet maintenance team in Orange.
You will be based in our Orange workshop with regular paid travel throughout Southern NSW.
Working mostly on crane borers and EWP’s this role would suit any mechanical trade background as full training is provided.
- Practical application of the trade qualification relevant to the role including plant, heavy or light automotive fields and areas of specialist or engineering trades
- Significant practical experience in heavy and light fleet operations including plant and equipment used in the energy transmission and distribution environment
- Strong experience in heavy vehicle specialist engineering, hydraulics, pneumatic, auto electrics, welding and fabrication
- Conversant with heavy and light vehicle standards and regulatory requirements for work in an energy transmission and distribution environment
- Knowledge of regulations pertaining to heavy and light fleet operations and in particular relevant knowledge of AS 2550.10, AS 1418.10, RMS regulations
- Working knowledge of safe plant operations and procedures in an energy transmission and distribution environment.
- Enjoy paid travel throughout scenic NSW for work purposes.
- Relevant mechanical based trade qualifications
- Current NSW Drivers Licence
- WorkCover NSW Construction Induction Cert
What we offer
- Nine-day fortnight
- 16% Superannuation
- Competitive remuneration
- Plenty of overtime available
- Accommodation, food and incidentals provided
- Working away from home allowance paid at ATO rates
- Tools, uniforms and all required equipment fully supplied
- Relocation assistance available, in accordance with company policy
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- A range of learning and development opportunities
- Fantastic local and regional career opportunities
- 18 weeks paid parental leave
- Access to Fitness Passport and various employee benefit and discount programs
- Novated lease available to all employees
- Study assistance
- All required high risk licence training supplied and paid for
We offer fantastic local and regional career opportunities limited only by your own drive and determination.
Working for this large and diverse organisation, employees can take advantage of a range of learning and development opportunities.
If successful in this role you will join a supportive and appreciative team in a role that offers breadth across Essential Energy's entire corporate and network businesses.
At Essential Energy we are united in our purpose and live our values. We operate in an exciting and rapidly changing environment, thrive in a culture that’s all about teamwork and are here for our customers.
For further information please contact Geoff Chapman, Fleet Workshop Supervisor, on 0407 103 231.
Applications close on 11:55PM Monday 4 September 2023.
Passionate people. Global thinking. Regional heart.
Building a better energy future.
Essential Energy is committed to building a culturally diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourages applicants to apply regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
As an organisation, our aim is to champion inclusivity in the workplace and celebrate the difference in all our employees.