Application Support Specialist
Location: New South Wales
Job Type: Full time
We are unique
We have an opportunity for an Application Support Specialist to join our Essential Technology team. This role can be based anywhere within Essential Energy’s operational footprint throughout NSW.
About the role
As our new Application Support Specialist, you will manage the implementation, support, and training of tools across the business in the specific area of focus of the support team.
The role will support Customer and Market Systems, ensuring services and tools provided are reliable, secure, and performing effectively. Furthermore, the role is instrumental to reducing existing technical debt, challenging the status-quo and continually improving the day-to-day operations of eTech. The role will be accountable for technical delivery of support of products and services for Customer and Market Systems.
- Drive business improvements through automation to improve efficiencies and reduce operational cost-to-serve
- Accountable for support and maintenance of Customer and Market Systems and third-party programs to ensure seamless and accurate data exchange with other systems, including comprehensive exception handling
- Manage the IT Service Management call volumes by prioritising and delegating work appropriately to ensure the system has appropriate processes in place to enable the Business to meet their responsibilities
- Drive third-party Managed Service partners and vendors to deliver quality solutions that are fit for purpose
- Providing technical Support
You will have previous functional and technical experience in supporting enterprise applications. More specifically you have:
- Experience in providing technical consulting services to the business regarding the supported solutions
- Experience in managing the Software Development Life Cycle, managing third party support providers against agreed service levels and in sharing knowledge and providing support and training to the business
- A high level of technical skills with strong proficiency in problem identification, diagnosis and issue resolution.
Desirable Skills and Experience (not essential):
- Scripting – Perl, Shell
- Oracle SQL
- Oracle WebLogic
- Energy Industry knowledge
Advanced Diploma of Information Technology or demonstrated capability through past employment experience and/or relevant qualifications.
- Contemporary application certifications, e.g. ITIL Foundation
- Extensive experience in IT Services/Support
As an Essential Energy team member, you’ll enjoy such benefits as;
- 15.5% Superannuation
- Flexible working arrangements subject to business needs
- Competitive remuneration
- Access the NIB corporate health plan
- Access to join the Fitness Passport Program
- Paid parental leave for eligible team members
- Further education and career development support
We offer fantastic local and regional career opportunities limited only by your own drive and determination.
Working for this large and diverse organisation, employees can take advantage of a range of learning and development opportunities, including leadership programs.
If successful in this role you will join a supportive and appreciative team in a role that offers breadth across essential Energy's entire corporate and network businesses.
At Essential Energy we are united in our purpose and live our values. We operate in an exciting and rapidly changing environment, thrive in a culture that’s all about teamwork and are here for our customers.
For further information please contact Rozalind Bourke - Customer Application Team Lead on 0427 607 200.
Applications close on midnight, Sunday 4 June 2023.
Passionate people. Global thinking. Regional heart.
Building a better energy future.
Essential Energy is committed to building a culturally diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourages applicants to apply regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
As an organisation, our aim is to champion inclusivity in the workplace and celebrate the difference in all our employees.