Senior Engineering Officer
Job Type: Full time
We are unique
We are a regional business that thinks on a global level. We work with determined, passionate and curious people to empower communities to share and use energy for a better tomorrow. With a network that powers 95% of NSW and parts of Southern Queensland, we ensure homes, hospitals, schools, businesses, and services stay connected.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Engineering Officer – Network Design to join our Assets & Operations team based in Tamworth.
About the role
We are seeking motivated and passionate individuals who have experience with the design of overhead and underground power distribution and sub-transmission networks in the utility sector. You will be working on a geographically diverse electricity network utilising the latest 3D power line design software. This is a key role at the forefront of the electricity transition currently occurring and you will have the opportunity to work on various projects from distribution and sub-transmission line extensions and upgrades, network defect assessments, new solar and wind farm connections and stand-alone power systems design.
As a Senior Engineering Officer with Network Design you will be responsible to complete the end-to-end design process to deliver a safe and effective design package by-
- Engaging with a wide range of stakeholders both internal and external such as planning, construction teams, Local Councils and other relevant authorities.
- Completing the design as intended following design processes, procedures and relevant standards
- Model overhead designs using the latest 3D software.
- Produce detailed plans using a CAD package.
- Complete environment impact assessments.
- Engaging and managing external contractors from service locations, geo technical reports through to complex civil work contracts.
- Being agile and capable of managing changing work priorities when required
About your experience
- Extensive experience in a similar Network Design engineering role in the Energy/Electrical and/or Utilities Industry
- Complete knowledge and application of current design philosophies, procedures, statutory requirements
- Demonstrated experience to utilise analytical and technical knowledge to manage activities during planned and unplanned events providing appropriate solutions to technical/engineering issues in the Energy Network Technical environment
- Experienced in using 3D design software with familiarity with Neara and PLS CADD desirable.
- Experienced in producing plans using CAD software such as Microsation.
About your skills
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision-making skills with the ability to manage diverse and complex issues
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to deliver technical services in a professional and timely manner
- Strong time management skills with excellent planning and organisational skills, to be able to handle a varying complex workload
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Associate Degree of Electrical Engineering (Power/Electrical) or Diploma/Advanced Diploma of Electrical Engineering
- WorkCover NSW Construction Induction Certificate
- Current Driver's Licence
Post graduate qualifications in Powerline Design both overhead or underground would also be an advantage.
As an Essential Energy team member, you’ll enjoy such benefits as;
- Flexible working arrangements subject to business needs
- Competitive remuneration
- Access the NIB corporate health plan
- 15.5% superannuation
- Access to join the Fitness Passport Program
- Paid parental leave for eligible team members
- Further education and career development support
We offer fantastic local and regional career opportunities limited only by your own drive and determination.
Working for this large and diverse organisation, employees can take advantage of a range of learning and development opportunities, including leadership programs.
If successful in this role you will join a supportive and appreciative team in a role that offers breadth across essential Energy's entire corporate and network businesses.
At Essential Energy we are united in our purpose and live our values. We operate in an exciting and rapidly changing environment, thrive in a culture that’s all about teamwork and are here for our customers.
For further information please contact Hunter Anderson, 0428 604 735
Applications close Sunday 28 May at 11:55pm
Passionate people. Global thinking. Regional heart.
Building a better energy future.
Essential Energy is committed to building a culturally diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourages applicants to apply regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
As an organisation, our aim is to champion inclusivity in the workplace and celebrate the difference in all our employees.