Location: New South Wales
Job Type: Full time
We are unique
We are a regional business that thinks on a global level. We work with determined, passionate and curious people to empower communities to share and use energy for a better tomorrow. With a network that powers 95% of NSW and parts of Southern Queensland, we ensure homes, hospitals, schools, businesses, and services stay connected.
We are currently recruiting for a Report Developer. This role will be working from home and can be based anywhere in the Essential Energy footprint, throughout regional NSW.
About the role
As a Report Developer you will need to be an expert in accessing, transforming, and reporting on data from multiple data sources and have a positive, proactive attitude and will be able to work closely with users to define how data can be accessed, transformed and modelled to meet requirements.
A Report Developer creates, tests, deploys and manages data and analytics solutions in Azure at Essential Energy. You will have:
- Excellent stakeholder and relationship management skills including the ability to liaise effectively with a broad range of people from diverse backgrounds
- Strong organisational skills in order to manage and implement large, complex and varying workloads and initiatives, delivering continuous business improvement
Required Qualifications / Experience
- Experience on data warehousing architecture, modelling, and development
- Practical experience in designing, deploying and operating complex ICT Reporting and Integration systems
- Experience in business intelligence and reporting/analytic and in delivering data solutions in complex environments
- Experience with data processing languages, such as SQL, Python, or Scala, and understanding of parallel processing and data architecture patterns
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft technology stack (Power BI, Azure, SQL Server, Integration Services, Analysis Services, Tabular, Reporting Services, etc)
- Working knowledge of Data Vault automation tools; Vaultspeed Data Vault automation desirable.
As an Essential Energy team member, you’ll enjoy such benefits as;
- 15.5% Superannuation
- 9-Day fortnight
- Flexible working arrangements subject to business needs
- Competitive remuneration
- Access the NIB corporate health plan
- Access to join the Fitness Passport Program
- Paid parental leave for eligible team members
- Further education and career development support
We offer fantastic local and regional career opportunities limited only by your own drive and determination.
Working for this large and diverse organisation, employees can take advantage of a range of learning and development opportunities, including leadership programs.
If successful in this role you will join a supportive and appreciative team in a role that offers breadth across essential Energy's entire corporate and network businesses.
At Essential Energy we are united in our purpose and live our values. We operate in an exciting and rapidly changing environment, thrive in a culture that’s all about teamwork and are here for our customers.
For further information please contact Niasha Bazghaleh, Business Improvement Data Lead, on 0412281125.
Applications close on Sunday 4 June 2023 at 11.55pm
Passionate people. Global thinking. Regional heart.
Building a better energy future.
Essential Energy is committed to building a culturally diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourages applicants to apply regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
As an organisation, our aim is to champion inclusivity in the workplace and celebrate the difference in all our employees.