Network Business Systems Officer
Location: Port Macquarie
Job Type: Full time
We are unique
We are a regional business that thinks on a global level. We work with determined, passionate and curious people to empower communities to share and use energy for a better tomorrow. With a network that powers 95% of NSW and parts of Southern Queensland, we ensure homes, hospitals, schools, businesses, and services stay connected.
We are currently recruiting a Network Business Systems Officer, to join our System Control team in either the Port Macquarie or Fairbairn location.
About the role
As the Network Business Systems Officer you will be responsible for input, quality, integrity and validity of data for the efficient operation of the PowerOn system by the users. You will also be responsible for the timely creation and maintenance of the complex electricity network diagrams, symbols, component attributes and data associated with network changes and information collection processes with an emphasis on the technical and operational data availability.
- Creating and maintaining the accuracy of the electricity system connectivity and data in multiple Essential Energy business systems including ADMS / GIS / AMS
- Processing of construction plans, schematics, maps, data capture forms and other documents associated with electricity network changes in the ADMS / GIS / AMS business systems
- Undertake cross-systems verification work to deliver data improvement works that identify and correct data discrepancies, inconsistencies and voids
- Process and analyse small and large datasets ensuring cross system data integrity
- Provide a high level of service to internal and external customers to enable field works to be completed efficiently and effectively
You will have exceptional stakeholder skills with the ability to mentor others and provide on the job training in a collaborative way. Your logical thinking and exceptional time management skills will ensure business targets are met.
Having experience in interpreting design construction drawings and NAR submissions outlining changes to the network in preparation for the update of the PowerOn DMS system is essential. You will also have the ability to check network diagrams, electrical schematic drawings, maps and associated symbology related to an energy distribution environment.
- Certificate IV in Spatial Information Service
As an Essential Energy team member, you’ll enjoy such benefits as;
- 15.5% Superannuation
- Flexible working arrangements subject to business needs
- Competitive remuneration
- Access the NIB corporate health plan
- Access to join the Fitness Passport Program
- Paid parental leave for eligible team members
- Further education and career development support
We offer fantastic local and regional career opportunities limited only by your own drive and determination.
Working for this large and diverse organisation, employees can take advantage of a range of learning and development opportunities, including leadership programs.
If successful in this role you will join a supportive and appreciative team in a role that offers breadth across essential Energy's entire corporate and network businesses.
At Essential Energy we are united in our purpose and live our values. We operate in an exciting and rapidly changing environment, thrive in a culture that’s all about teamwork and are here for our customers.
For further information please contact Andrew Thrower, System Control Support Manager on 0408 479 480 or Cindy Swain, System Control Technical Specialist on 02 6580 2756.
Applications close at 11:55 pm on 4 June 2023.
Passionate people. Global thinking. Regional heart.
Building a better energy future.
Essential Energy is committed to building a culturally diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourages applicants to apply regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
As an organisation, our aim is to champion inclusivity in the workplace and celebrate the difference in all our employees.