Senior Business Analyst
Location: New South Wales
Job Type: Full time
We are unique
We are a regional business that thinks on a global level. We work with determined, passionate and curious people to empower communities to share and use energy for a better tomorrow. With a network that powers 95% of NSW and parts of Southern Queensland, we ensure homes, hospitals, schools, businesses, and services stay connected.
About the Project
Essential Energy has recently developed and commenced the implementation of the Digital Asset Management (DAM) Hub Project. The project will support the Digital Asset Management Strategic Plan aimed at addressing our fundamental understanding of the network, how it is constructed and how it will perform.
Digital Asset Management involves using digital data sources to gain insights and improve operational efficiency for achieving corporate and asset management objectives. This technique includes identifying assets and their condition through digital information. Advanced applications of digital asset management include creating a digital twin of the network using an engineering-grade analytics engine to gain insights about the entire network.
To support the project, we are currently recruiting a Senior Business Analyst to join our Assets & Operations team for a 12 month Fixed Term contract. The role can be based anywhere within Essential Energy’s operational footprint throughout NSW.
About the role
As the Senior Business Analyst, you will take a lead role in the provision of specialised, high level business intelligence and management expertise to support the Digital Asset Management project initiatives. The project initiatives include a wide range of network mechanical modelling outcomes derived from the Digital Twin platform as well as improving overall user experience.
In addition, the role also includes providing extensive operational advice and recommendations to the Project Manager as well as stream leads regarding analysis, planning, and reporting.
Working closely with the project team and eTech Operations, the role will provide strategic advice, document business and functional requirements, analysis, test planning and will provide outstanding technical and people leadership while implementing best practise approaches across several distributed teams.
- Preparation of specialised, high level analysis and reporting which meets the project needs
- Gather business requirements, analyse, document and playback
- Assist with complex problem solving by demonstrating your strong analytical ability. (This includes business as well as technical problem solving)
- Development of insightful and engaging presentations/reports from analysis efforts
- Develop and maintain documentation to provide traceability of the project outcomes
- Provide recommendations on improving project outcomes, and project deliverables quality, to aid the embedment of project deliverables into the business
You will bring experience in the Energy/Electrical or Utilities Industry, extensive expertise in analysing business and operational data, preparing presentations & reports, and delivering presentations to senior management and project stakeholders as required.
- Degree in Business Management, Commerce or Accounting or demonstrated capability through past employment experience and/or relevant qualifications.
As an Essential Energy team member, you’ll enjoy such benefits as;
- 15.5% Superannuation
- Flexible working arrangements subject to business needs
- Competitive remuneration
- Access the NIB corporate health plan
- Access to join the Fitness Passport Program
- Paid parental leave for eligible team members
- Further education and career development support
We offer fantastic local and regional career opportunities limited only by your own drive and determination.
Working for this large and diverse organisation, employees can take advantage of a range of learning and development opportunities, including leadership programs.
If successful in this role you will join a supportive and appreciative team in a role that offers breadth across essential Energy's entire corporate and network businesses.
At Essential Energy we are united in our purpose and live our values. We operate in an exciting and rapidly changing environment, thrive in a culture that’s all about teamwork and are here for our customers.
For further information please contact Mike Firth, Senior Technology Project Manager on 0412 908 346
Applications close on midnight, Sunday 4 June 2023.
Passionate people. Global thinking. Regional heart.
Building a better energy future.
Essential Energy is committed to building a culturally diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourages applicants to apply regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
As an organisation, our aim is to champion inclusivity in the workplace and celebrate the difference in all our employees.