Senior Technology Project Manager
Location: New South Wales
Job Type: Full time
We are unique
We are a regional business that thinks on a global level. We work with determined, passionate and curious people to empower communities to share and use energy for a better tomorrow. With a network that powers 95% of NSW and parts of Southern Queensland, we ensure homes, hospitals, schools, businesses, and services stay connected.
We are currently recruiting a Senior Technology Project Manager to join our Essential Technology team for a 2 year Fixed Term opportunity. This role can be based anywhere within Essential Energy’s operational footprint.
About the Project
The Digital Now Program has been developed to deliver the holistic transformation necessary for eTech to support rapid and extensive digital transformation and digital resilience. This is a multi-year program which encompasses change to People (Operating Model and Digital Working), Process (ITSM & Digital Tooling), Technology (Data Centre Resilience), and the supporting dimensions of Governance, Performance, and Service Delivery.
About the role
Reporting to the Program Delivery Manager, the Senior Technology Project Manager is accountable for the development, monitoring and management of technology changes to implement, upgrade or enhance technology to support Essential Energy business units in achieving benefits. The initial focus will be on the dimensions of People and Process.
In addition, the role is responsible for all outputs and activities of the specialist and teams reporting to them to ensure performance meets all governance, quality and standards as set by Essential Energy.
- Responsible for the initial estimation, submission for approval, baselining and management of technology change financial budgets and schedules
- Responsible and accountable for building a collaborative approach for technology changes with impacted internal and external stakeholders, ensuring communications, training and associated change interdependencies are managed
- Manage third party vendors to ensure delivery of services/products to standards and time frames
- Manage highly complex technology-based changes based on the Essential Energy Technology Roadmap and/or the Essential Energy Transformation Portfolio
You will bring demonstrated experience in managing people and diverse specialist technical teams in an Information Technology environment and will have extensive experience managing complex technical change tasks, projects and/or programmes of work including within large enterprises, preferably in Information Technology. More specifically you have:
- Excellent skills in the development, implementation and management of technology, operating model, and process related change strategies and policies
- Proven leadership and management skills in a technology change environment
In addition to being a flexible, self-motivated you will have the ability to handle varying complex workload and showcase your problem solving and decision making skills.
- Bachelor of Information Technology or equivalent qualification or demonstrated capability through past employment experience and/or relevant qualifications
- Project/Programme Management Certifications e.g. Prince2, PMBOK, MSP
- Technical Change management Certifications e.g. ITIL, Agile, SDLC
As an Essential Energy team member, you’ll enjoy such benefits as;
- Flexible working arrangements
- Access to join the Fitness Passport Program
- 18 weeks paid parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- A range of learning and development opportunities, including leadership programs
- Fantastic local and regional career opportunities
We offer fantastic local and regional career opportunities limited only by your own drive and determination.
Working for this large and diverse organisation, employees can take advantage of a range of learning and development opportunities, including leadership programs.
If successful in this role you will join a supportive and appreciative team in a role that offers breadth across essential Energy's entire corporate and network businesses.
At Essential Energy we are united in our purpose and live our values. We operate in an exciting and rapidly changing environment, thrive in a culture that’s all about teamwork and are here for our customers.
For further information please contact Rod Loveday, Head of Transformation eTech, on M: 0428 976 053.
Applications close at 11:55 pm, Sunday 11 June 2023.
Passionate people. Global thinking. Regional heart.
Building a better energy future.
Essential Energy is committed to building a culturally diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourages applicants to apply regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
As an organisation, our aim is to champion inclusivity in the workplace and celebrate the difference in all our employees.