Network Assurance Facilitator
Job Type: Full time
We are unique
We are a regional business that thinks on a global level. We work with determined, passionate and curious people to empower communities to share and use energy for a better tomorrow. With a network that powers 95% of NSW and parts of Southern Queensland, we ensure homes, hospitals, schools, businesses, and services stay connected.
We are currently recruiting an Electrical Technician or Powerline Worker to fill a Network Assurance Facilitator role within our Network Assurance department. This role will ideally be based in Orange, however, surrounding areas will be considered.
About the role
As a Network Assurance Facilitator, you will be responsible for the delivery of contestable and non-contestable inspection/audit processes. This role requires a high level of technical knowledge and skills working across the energy network to maintain good working relationships with all stakeholders and you will be responsible for network inspections, defect management, completion of inspection checklists, project assessments and formal acceptance of construction works.
The role also encompasses planning, assessment, evaluation and reporting of works against standards.
This role is an excellent opportunity for a qualified Electrician or Powerline Worker who is looking to take their career into new areas. Your experience in in the Construction, Energy/Electrical or Utilities industry will be essential in coordinating inspections/audits or investigations related to customer installations, quality of supply issues, electricity theft or electrical shock incidents. You will be comfortable with working and dealing with customers, electrical contractors, and ASP's, providing technical advice to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Certificate III Electrotechnology Electrician, Powerline Worker qualification UET30612 or equivalent.
- Qualified Supervisor Certificate or equivalent (Electrical).
- Certificate IV educational study aligned to modules within the Applied Electrical Engineering (Power Industry) qualification or demonstrated capability through past employment experience and/or relevant qualifications.
- Driver’s Licence.
- White Card – Safe Work NSW Induction for Construction Work.
- Skills in coordinating and undertaking investigations, inspections, audits and develop both compliance and preliminary investigation reports.
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Communication and liaison skills required to engage with and address technical issues for customers, business units and key industry stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with sound influencing and negotiating ability
- Project Management and/or Business Administration qualifications.
- Auditing qualifications/certifications.
- Competitive remuneration
- 9-day fortnight
- 16% Superannuation
- Apple, JB Hi-Fi and Dell Employee Purchase Programs
- Fitness Passport
- Corporate Health Plan
- Flexible working arrangements
- 18 weeks paid parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
We offer fantastic local and regional career opportunities limited only by your own drive and determination.
Working for this large and diverse organisation, employees can take advantage of a range of learning and development opportunities, including leadership programs.
If successful in this role you will join a supportive and appreciative team in a role that offers breadth across essential Energy's entire corporate and network businesses.
At Essential Energy we are united in our purpose and live our values. We operate in an exciting and rapidly changing environment, thrive in a culture that’s all about teamwork and are here for our customers.
For further information please contact Kevin Miller, Manager, Network Assurance on 0407 784 701.
Applications close at 11:55 pm on Tuesday 26 September 2023
Passionate people. Global thinking. Regional heart.
Building a better energy future.
Essential Energy is committed to building a culturally diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourages applicants to apply regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
As an organisation, our aim is to champion inclusivity in the workplace and celebrate the difference in all our employees.