Senior Business Analyst
Location: Port Macquarie
Job Type: Full time
We are unique
We are a regional business that thinks on a global level. We work with determined, passionate and curious people to empower communities to share and use energy for a better tomorrow. With a network that powers 95% of NSW and parts of Southern Queensland, we ensure homes, hospitals, schools, businesses, and services stay connected.
We are currently recruiting a Senior Business Analyst, to join our Customer and Commercial Team, based anywhere within Essential Energy’s footprint, with the flexibility to work from home in a hybrid work environment.
About the role
Reporting to the Operational Improvement Manager, the Senior Business Analyst will assist with the ongoing design and maintenance of an end-to-end enterprise platform to ensure we are always providing operational excellence and outstanding customer service.
Working closely with Network Operations, Customer and Commercial and eTech Operations, the role will provide strategic advice, document business and functional requirements, analysis, test planning and will provide outstanding technical and people leadership while implementing best practise approaches across several distributed teams.
- Preparation of specialised project documents and high-level analysis and advice which meet the ad hoc and changing organisational needs in driving business efficiencies.
- Develop, test and document robust analytical models to facilitate improved decision making.
- Provide recommendations, develop and implement improved business processes, reporting and controls and utilise continuous improvement tools and techniques.
- Collaborate with Product Owners, Project Managers, Architects and Business Leaders, ensuring deliverables meet all defined business outcomes with the highest levels of security, safety, efficiency, quality and simplicity
- Stay abreast of industry approaches, tools, and techniques whilst maintaining current knowledge of technology landscapes, ensuring the team stays current and creating engineering result
You will bring demonstrated experience working in a similar role, implementing a new system or system replacement. A team player, who is not afraid to roll your sleeves up and help out and who prides themself on delivering quality outcomes.
To be eligible for this position you will hold a Degree in Business Management, Commerce or Accounting or demonstrated capability through past employment experience and/or relevant qualifications.
As an Essential Energy team member, you’ll enjoy such benefits as;
- Competitive remuneration
- 9-day fortnight
- 16% Superannuation
- Apple, JB Hi-Fi and Dell Employee Purchase Programs
- Fitness Passport
- Corporate Health Plan
- Flexible working arrangements
- 18 weeks paid parental leave
We offer fantastic local and regional career opportunities limited only by your own drive and determination.
Working for this large and diverse organisation, employees can take advantage of a range of learning and development opportunities, including leadership programs.
At Essential Energy we are united in our purpose and live our values. We operate in an exciting and rapidly changing environment, thrive in a culture that’s all about teamwork and are here for our customers.
For further information please contact Kim Bramble, Connections Business Performance Manager, on 0457 528 938.
Applications close Sunday 24 September 2023 at 11:55 pm AEST.
Passionate people. Global thinking. Regional heart.
Building a better energy future.
Essential Energy is committed to building a culturally diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourages applicants to apply regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
As an organisation, our aim is to champion inclusivity in the workplace and celebrate the difference in all our employees.