Service Desk Officer
Location: Port Macquarie
Job Type: Full time
We are unique
We are a regional business that thinks on a global level. We work with determined, passionate and curious people to empower communities to share and use energy for a better tomorrow. With a network that powers 95% of NSW and parts of Southern Queensland, we ensure homes, hospitals, schools, businesses, and services stay connected.
We are currently recruiting for a Service Desk Officer in our Essential Technology team based in Port Macquarie.
About the role
Reporting to the Human Support Manager, you will provide centralised remote support and service to the business. This will be accomplished by both proactive and reactive means via customer phone calls and email.
As the Service Desk Officer, you will assist in managing incidents and service requests through to resolution, escalation and closure communication with relevant support teams as required.
- Provide first level technical customer support services following agreed procedures, and assistance in escalation management to enable resolution, achieve business objectives, optimise call resolution times and customer satisfaction, and meet service level requirements
- Understand the Incident Management process and utilise Essential Energy Service Desk tools and technologies to manage calls to resolution, allocate unresolved calls and maintain records
- Effectively utilise and update the Service Desk Knowledge Database
- Monitor changes in technology on all types of computer hardware and PC operating systems
- Liaise with suppliers (Vendors) and IT customers to have issues resolved in a timely manner
To add value to this role you will have demonstrated experience in a similar ICT support role with proven experience in applying customer service techniques in an IT environment including providing remote support services.
You will be experienced in supporting and operating enterprise email services and office product software such as Office 365.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with a focus on the provision of customer service to all relevant stakeholders
- Ability to understand and apply Essential Energy Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) practices
- Strong technical support skills in a wide range of ICT disciplines (devices, applications, technologies systems)
- Ability to use SCCM software
- Certificate III in Information, Digital Media and Technology or demonstrated capability through past employment experience and/or relevant qualifications
- Drivers Licence
- ITIL Certification
As an Essential Energy team member, you’ll enjoy such benefits as;
- 16% Superannuation
- Flexible working arrangements subject to business needs
- Competitive remuneration
- Access the NIB corporate health plan
- Access to join the Fitness Passport Program
- Paid parental leave for eligible team members
- Further education and career development support
We offer fantastic local and regional career opportunities limited only by your own drive and determination.
Working for this large and diverse organisation, employees can take advantage of a range of learning and development opportunities, including leadership programs.
If successful in this role you will join a supportive and appreciative team in a role that offers breadth across essential Energy's entire corporate and network businesses.
At Essential Energy we are united in our purpose and live our values. We operate in an exciting and rapidly changing environment, thrive in a culture that’s all about teamwork and are here for our customers.
For further information contact Lynne Hughes – Human Support Manager on 0438 697 039.
Applications close midnight, Thursday 28th September 2023.
Passionate people. Global thinking. Regional heart.
Building a better energy future.
Essential Energy is committed to building a culturally diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourages applicants to apply regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
As an organisation, our aim is to champion inclusivity in the workplace and celebrate the difference in all our employees.