Data Quality Analyst
Location: New South Wales
Job Type: Full time
We are unique
We are a regional business that thinks on a global level. We work with determined, passionate and curious people to empower communities to share and use energy for a better tomorrow. With a network that powers 95% of NSW and parts of Southern Queensland, we ensure homes, hospitals, schools, businesses, and services stay connected.
We are currently recruiting for a Data Quality Analyst to join the Essential Energy Data and Digital Portfolio team (in the Digital Services division). This role can be based anywhere within Essential Energy’s operational footprint throughout NSW.
About the role
Reporting to the Enterprise Data Governance Quality Assurance Manager, as the Data Analyst you will provide specialist data advice to the organisation to support the structure, quality, accuracy and accessibility of data and provide data-driven insights that support decision making. This role is an essential interface between business and technology stakeholders to promote a common understanding of requirements and impacts as well as support a data-driven culture.
- Design and implement data extraction and translation scripts to support data quality, migration, integration and reporting activities
- Design data migration test cases, test scripts and test data to support the specifications provided. Interpret and execute test cases and record and analyse test results to identify issues and risks requiring remediation
- Identify, investigate and remediate data quality issues following agreed procedures including maintaining data lineage. Use data management principles and tools to measure data quality against agreed data quality rules
- Transform data from one format/medium to another in line with organisational policies and procedures being sensitive to risks around the use of information
- Prepare, build and maintain active stakeholder relationships across the business supporting collaboration, translation of requirements, analysis of impacts, and promoting a common understanding
You will have previous experience using a variety of data extraction and manipulation tools, languages and techniques, along with the ability to collate, analyse and present data to support decision making.
You will bring strong problem solving and data analysis skills with strong analytical capability, attention to detail and thoroughness and experience with a variety of reporting and visualisation tools.
- Advanced Diploma of Information Technology or demonstrated capability through past employment experience and/or relevant qualifications.
As an Essential Energy team member, you’ll enjoy such benefits as;
- 16% Superannuation
- Flexible working arrangements subject to business needs
- Competitive remuneration
- Access the NIB corporate health plan
- Access to join the Fitness Passport Program
- Paid parental leave for eligible team members
- Further education and career development support
We offer fantastic local and regional career opportunities limited only by your own drive and determination.
Working for this large and diverse organisation, employees can take advantage of a range of learning and development opportunities, including leadership programs.
If successful in this role you will join a supportive and appreciative team in a role that offers breadth across essential Energy's entire corporate and network businesses.
At Essential Energy we are united in our purpose and live our values. We operate in an exciting and rapidly changing environment, thrive in a culture that’s all about teamwork and are here for our customers.
For further information please contact Greg Bell, Enterprise Data Governance Quality Assurance Manager on 0433 970 297.
Applications close at midnight, Sunday 1 October 2023.
Passionate people. Global thinking. Regional heart.
Building a better energy future.
Essential Energy is committed to building a culturally diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourages applicants to apply regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
As an organisation, our aim is to champion inclusivity in the workplace and celebrate the difference in all our employees.