Engineer - Mining (Underground)
Location: New South Wales
Job Type: Not Specified
Underground Mining Engineer
A rare opportunity for highly motivated Engineers to be involved in all aspects of the development of a new large-scale underground mine.
- Opportunity to develop your career in all disciplines of Mining Engineering
- Flexible roster arrangements
- Located near the family-friendly township of West Wyalong and close to the Snowy Mountains and the Riverina Region in NSW
Evolution Mining has evolved from a small company into a globally relevant gold mining business with a reputation of delivering value for all stakeholders. Our overriding priority is safety. We dare our people to think differently, we act like owners and we live our values of safety, accountability, excellence and respect. We want people’s time at Evolution to be a highlight of their career, forging a company that’s known for sustainable excellence, and attracting the best talent, not only to Evolution, but also to our industry.
A major milestone was achieved at Cowal with Board and regulatory approvals received for the development of the Cowal Underground Mine, which provides a higher-grade ore source that will be blended with the current E42 open pit and stockpile ore. The development of the Cowal Underground Mine is part of the Group’s goal of Cowal producing 350,000 ounces of low-cost gold a year and extend its mine life out beyond 17 years, while at the same time injecting significant economic benefit for all stakeholders. The planned capital investment is A$380 million.
About the role
As an Underground Mining Engineer, you will be rotated through various roles to gain experience in all areas of Underground Mining Engineering including:
- Project Engineering
- Backfill Engineering
- Ventilation Officer
- Drill and Blast
Our aim is to ensure our people are developed to enable them to progress their career in Operations or Technical Services.
About the Benefits
- Opportunity for career growth
- Flexible roster
- Located close to the family friendly township of West Wyalong
- Industry competitive remuneration package
- Participation in short term incentive scheme
- A diverse and inclusive workplace culture
You will be a driven and collaborative Mining Engineer who is seeking the challenge of developing a new underground mining operation and career growth.
This is also an opportunity for Engineers or other Technical professionals seeking to transition into an underground mining role.
- Engineering Degree qualifications preferable
- Can develop excellent relationships with peers, leaders, and contractors
- Self-directed to achieve individual, team and organisational goals
Applications close: 30 September 2022
For more information, you can contact [email protected]