Supervisor - Loading Maintenance
Location: New South Wales
Job Type: Not Specified
Loading Maintenance Supervisor
- Opportunity for career growth
- Located close to the family friendly township of West Wyalong
- Industry competitive remuneration package
- A diverse and inclusive workplace culture
- Permanent full-time positions 8:6 lifestyle friendly roster
Evolution Mining has evolved from a small company into a globally relevant gold mining business with a reputation of delivering value for all stakeholders. Our overriding priority is safety. We dare our people to think differently, we act like owners, and we live our values of safety, accountability, excellence, and respect. We want people’s time at Evolution to be a highlight of their career, forging a company that’s known for sustainable excellence, and attracting the best talent, not only to Evolution, but also to our industry.
A major milestone was achieved at Cowal with Board and regulatory approvals received for the development of the Cowal Underground Mine, which provides a higher-grade ore source that will be blended with the current E42 open pit and stockpile ore. The development of the Cowal Underground Mine is part of the Group’s goal of Cowal producing 350,000 ounces of low-cost gold a year and extend its mine life out beyond 17 years, while at the same time injecting significant economic benefit for all stakeholders. The planned capital investment is A$380 million.
About the role
Reporting to the Mobile Maintenance Superintendent you will be responsible for leading the maintenance crews in Liebherr excavator and Caterpillar loader maintenance and engineering services to optimise equipment availability to meet production requirements in compliance with relevant mechanical and statutory responsibilities.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Provide effective and strong leadership for the development of tradespersons
- Provide timely and effective management services compromising of:
- Daily Maintenance work flow supervision for area of responsibility
- Identify variances against plan and implement corrective actions to rectify variances
- Review correct actions to ensure timely completion
- Effective work order management with recording of historical data
- In liaison with the Maintenance Superintendent, ensure mobile equipment availability is being delivered at KPI effectiveness
- Actively contribute to a Zero Incident culture throughout the mine via Visible Felt Leadership to help promote safe working conditions and practices
- Ensure the efficient use of in-house processes for identifying, reporting and managing hazards and incidents and proactively take steps to eliminate risk-taking behaviours or action
- Demonstrate behaviours aligned with the Evolution Mining values
- Understanding and complying with requirements of environmental approvals and relevant environment, health and safety legislation and support the CGO environment management system.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years post trade qualification and relevant experience in managing mobile equipment maintenance teams including extensive knowledge of large mining Liebherr excavator and CAT loaders. You will be proficient in computing skills and a motivated individual with a strong work ethic.
You will have /demonstrate
- Previous supervisory experience
- Adapting and responding to change
- Challenges unsafe environments and behaviours
- Skilled in planning and organising, prioritising, and scheduling work
Applications close: 2 October 2022
For more information, please contact email@example.com