Engineer - Electrical
Job Type: Not Specified
- 8/6 roster (12-hour days)
- Live local, or FIFO BNE, TSV, CNS or DIDO Mt Isa
- Located close to the historic town of Cloncurry
- Industry competitive remuneration package
- A diverse and inclusive workplace culture
Evolution Mining has evolved from a small company into a globally relevant gold mining business with a reputation of delivering value for all stakeholders. Our overriding priority is safety. We dare our people to think differently, we act like owners, and we live our values of safety, accountability, excellence, and respect. We want people’s time at Evolution to be a highlight of their career, forging a company that’s known for sustainable excellence, and attracting the best talent, not only to Evolution, but also to our industry.
Our Ernest Henry Operation (EHO) is a copper and gold mining and processing operation located 38 kilometres northeast of Cloncurry in Northwest Queensland. Evolution Mining believes in the value of our people and our approach fosters the highest level of professionalism, ownership, and entrepreneurial spirit in all our people, while never compromising on their safety and well-being.
About the role
Reporting to the Under Ground Mining Electrical Senior Technical Advisor this position will support the UG Electrical Maintenance Department by ensuring all works completed are safe for all personnel to use, are compliant with standards and are reliable. A key aspect of the role will involve providing Technical Support to ensure the full potential of assets are met or exceeded, and works are completed within Budget and follow correct costing avenues, OPEX or CAPEX.
The Underground Operation is relatively new and contains modern electrical assets. As this Mine looks into the future, with more assets to come as part of the Life of Mine (LOM) extension, there are several upcoming large projects works about to be designed. This is a great opportunity to work be a part of our new future across a broad range of Electrical Assets.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting Asset Management Policy & Standards, Asset Management Plan, Work Management Process
- Applying Technical knowledge to gain potential asset/maintenance improvements
- Keeping good records of data for new projects and/or modifications and ensuring data is well prepared for potential audits
- Working with Planners to ensure CMMS data is kept up to date, eg BOM Lists, Stock Codes, Work Order Information
- Creating and updating drawings via AUTOCAD
- Maintaining and backing up the UG Control Systems including Hardware and software of SCADA and the Hoist
- Fault finding and repairs on SCADA and Hoist control systems inclusive of the OT network (Hoist experience will be highly regarded but is not essential)
- Working in the area of High Voltage networks & protection relays.
- Follow correct procedures for costing of all items
- Source multiple quotes as required by Delegated Authorities Manual
- Carry out regular assurance interactions and inspections and report potential hazards and all incidents
- Ensure all projects are compliant with current Mines Act/Regulations, appropriate Australian, International and Evolution Mining standards
- Ensure ongoing compliance of assets via setup of Maintenance Standard Task’s with planners
To be considered for this role you must have /demonstrate
- Relevant Engineering Degree
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Industrial Electrical Maintenance or Projects,
- Experience with Plant Control systems such as SCADA, PLC’s, OT Networks,
- AUTOCAD or similar and Microsoft suite products
- Good level of understanding of Asset Management requirements and integration with CMMS
- Finance and Inventory knowledge
- Ability to manage Graduates & Contractors.
Applications close: 30th September 2022
For more information, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org