Geologist - Resource Definition
Location: Kalgoorlie - Boulder
Job Type: Not Specified
Evolution Mining has evolved from a small company into a globally relevant gold mining business with a reputation of delivering value for all stakeholders. Our overriding priority is safety. We dare our people to think differently, we act like owners, and we live our values of safety, accountability, excellence, and respect. We want people’s time at Evolution to be a highlight of their career, forging a company that’s known for sustainable excellence, and attracting the best talent, not only to Evolution, but also to our industry.
Our Mungari Gold Operations (MGO) is a cornerstone asset located 20km west of Kalgoorlie, WA and 600km east of Perth. Mungari is a predominantly residential mine, our employees go home every night, with many living in the local community of Kalgoorlie.
Evolution Mining believes in the value of our people and our approach fosters the highest level of professionalism, ownership, and entrepreneurial spirit in all our people, while never compromising on their safety and well-being.
About the role
As a Resource Definition Geologist, you will work in the field alongside the Resource Definition and Exploration teams to collect and interpret geological data for our future ore deposits. Key result areas in this role include:
- Work in the field preparing, managing, and executing RC drill programs on several different project areas.
- Collect geological data by logging diamond core and RC chips and then review, interpret and understand the data in a broader context
- Delivering the plan in a dynamic environment whilst maintaining a safe environment for you and your work mates
- Supervision of rigs, QAQC and accurate sample submission.
- Exposure to various aspects of the mining process, different departments, and geological best practices
The Junior Resource Definition Geologist role presents the opportunity for a tertiary qualified and motivated Geologist to join an operation that fosters and encourages development. It is important that you have/ can demonstrate:
- Degree in Geology
- Positive attitude to work and a ‘self-starter’ attitude.
- Understanding of relevant sections of the Mines Safety and Inspection Act and Regulations
- behaviours aligned with the Evolution Mining values.
What we can offer
At Evolution we offer a range of employee benefits, that we review on a regular basis, ensuring we are listening to what our employees want.If successful, you can expect to receive the following:
- Competitive salary package
- Various salary packaging options including novated car leasing, rental costs etc
- 5:2:4:3 roster (10hr days) living residentially in Kalgoorlie
- Monthly health allowance
- Future opportunities to work interstate and overseas
- Quarterly performance bonus
- Complimentary life insurance and income protection
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to providing safe and inclusive work environments which allow our employees to be themselves. We support our employees' work-life integration and provide a stimulating environment to foster development and career growth.
We encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.
As part of the application process, Evolution will be collecting your personal information to assess your suitability for the role.