Advisor - Environmental
Job Type: Not Specified
Advisor - Environmental
- 5:2:4:3 roster (10hr days) living residentially in Cloncurry
- FIFO Brisbane, Cairns, and Townsville 8:6 Roster (12 hr days)
- Company provided life insurance discounted health insurance and salary sacrificing
Evolution Mining has evolved from a small company into a globally relevant gold mining business with a reputation of delivering value for all stakeholders. Our overriding priority is safety. We dare our people to think differently, we act like owners, and we live our values of safety, accountability, excellence, and respect.
We want people’s time at Evolution to be a highlight of their career, forging a company that’s known for sustainable excellence, and attracting the best talent, not only to Evolution, but also to our industry.
Our Ernest Henry Operation (EHO) is a high performing asset located 38km north of Cloncurry, Queensland (QLD). EHO offers residential and fly in fly out or drive in drive out options.
Click here to learn more about Ernest Henry and the Evolution Mining journey,
About the role
Reporting to the Senior Environmental Advisor, you will be responsible for ensuring regulatory requirements are adhered to, the environmental management system is maintained and responsible environmental management is promoted throughout the operations.
Other responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Providing accurate and consistent environmental advice regarding environmental compliance, risk management and continuous improvement
- Monitoring and reporting on environmental performance, including participation in compliance programs
- Effectively liaising with internal and external stakeholders
- Managing environmental compliance and operational projects
- Assisting with the development of Environmental Authority amendments, closure planning and other regulatory submissions
- Environmental Management System updates and improvements.
To be successful in this role you will have solid analytical and problem-solving skills, strong attention to detail and the ability to maintain a high standard of work. To be considered for this role you must possess / be able to demonstrate:
- Degree in Environmental Science or related field
- 3 years’ experience minimum in environmental role
- Previous experience in mining
- A good understanding of QLD environmental legislation and regulations
- Great communication skills – both written and verbal
- Current Class C Drivers Licence
- Project management experience desirable
- Strong computer literacy
What we can offer
At Evolution we offer a range of employee benefits, that we review on a regular basis, ensuring we are listening to what our employees want.If successful, you can expect to receive the following:
- Competitive salary package
- Various salary packaging options including novated car leasing, rental costs etc
- 5:2:4:3 roster (10hr days) living residentially in Cloncurry OR 8:6 roster (12 hr days) fly in fly out options from Cairns, Townsville or Brisbane OR 8:6 roster (12 hr days) drive in drive out
- Quarterly performance bonus
- Complimentary life insurance and income protection
Evolution recognises that climate change is one of the most pressing problems facing all of us and that we need to take serious action if we are to have a future business, clean and productive environment, and healthy society. Evolution supports the Paris Agreement and is committed to be net zero by 2050, and an interim target of reducing our emissions by 30% by 2030.
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to providing safe and inclusive work environments which allow our employees to be themselves. We support our employees' work-life integration and provide a stimulating environment to foster development and career growth.
We encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.
As part of the application process, Evolution will be collecting your personal information to assess your suitability for the role.