Geologist - Underground Mine
Location: West Wyalong
Job Type: Full time
Evolution Mining Limited
Geologist – Underground Mine
- Flexible Roster Options
- Unique opportunity to be part of a developing UG mine.
- Competitive Salary
At Evolution, we’re passionate about Our Culture and Values.
Evolution Mining is a leading, growth-focused globally relevant gold company. We were created in late 2011 and operate five wholly owned mines across Australia and Ontario, Canada.
Our Cowal Gold Operation is an open-cut, underground and ore processing operation, located 40km Northeast of West Wyalong in NSW. Our rosters are designed to help you create a work-life balance and with our recent mine life extension until 2042, it offers increased job security
About the role
Reporting to the Senior Geologist (UG), this position, will be responsible for designing and executing underground grade control diamond drilling activities and assisting with the supervision of geological data collection to maximise orebody knowledge and inform the GRE46 geology model. This will entail supplying reliable technical information to the mine planning teams to optimise mining activities and ore extraction. This position will also provide training and growth opportunities and the ability to expand your career within a leading, globally relevant gold miner.
Key result areas in this role include:
- Designing, forecasting and coordinating underground grade control diamond drilling activities to align with LOM designs and schedules in collaboration with mine planning and operations teams
- Maintaining and updating effective underground grade control systems and procedures
- Completing diamond drill core logging and contribute to the improvement of core data systems
- Assisting with the scheduling and execution of Resource Definition and Exploration diamond drilling programs within the underground environment
- Maintaining the GRE46 geological model and strive to continuously improve the geological knowledge of the deposit
- Performing geological mapping of underground development as required
- Maintaining health, safety, statutory, regulatory, and licensing standards, and principles, both within own workplace and through the identification of potential risks throughout Evolution
- Commitment to living and supporting the Evolution values of Safety, Excellence, Accountability, Respect
- Leading a safety culture of continuous improvement and playing an active role in our Net Zero 2050 goal.
This position will be ideal for someone who is looking to make their mark on a new underground operation during an exciting and transformative period for our Cowal Gold Operation.
As an Underground Geologist, it is important that you have/can demonstrate:
- Post-graduate experience, with previous exposure to underground mine geology
- Proven experience supervising underground diamond drilling contractors, with management of multiple rigs and drilling programs highly regarded
- Drilling contractor management capability
- Experience with Geological and Block modelling preferred, with exposure to geostatistical methodologies highly regarded
- Competent user of the mine planning software (Deswik/Datamine), Leapfrog and industry standard databases for geological data
What we can offer
At Evolution we offer a range of employee benefits, that we review on a regular basis, ensuring we are listening to what our employees want. If successful, you can expect to receive the following:
- Competitive remuneration package
- Flexible work roster– subsidised accommodation provided
- Company provided life insurance and income protection
- Share ownership plan
- Ongoing access to health and medical wellbeing support
- Benefits program including discounts with private health insurance providers, online and in-store discounts through Maxxia Rewards, salary sacrificing
- Recognition and rewards programs
- Future opportunities to work interstate and overseas
- Incentive Programs
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to providing safe and inclusive work environments which allow our employees to be themselves. We support our employees' work-life integration and provide a stimulating environment to foster development and career growth.
We encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.
As part of the application process, Evolution will be collecting your personal information to assess your suitability for the role.
For further information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org