Advisor - Emergency Response
Location: West Wyalong
Job Type: Full time
Evolution Mining Limited
Advisor - Emergency Response
- 7/7 Roster
- Industry competitive salary
- Company provided life insurance discounted health insurance and salary sacrificing
At Evolution, we’re passionate about Our Culture and Values.
Evolution Mining is a leading, growth-focused globally relevant gold company. We were created in late 2011 and operate five wholly owned mines across Australia and Ontario, Canada.
Our Cowal Gold Operation is an open-cut, underground and ore processing operation, located 40km Northeast of West Wyalong in NSW.
About the role
Reporting to the emergency services and security co-ordinator the purpose of this role is to facilitate the implementation and training of the emergency response team and safety management system and to provide pre-hospital care to employees and minimise risk in the workplace by promoting health.
This position is a offered on a residential or DIDO basis only, there is no FIFO option available.
Key result areas in this role include:
- Supporting the Emergency Management (ERT) system
- Developing, implementing, and training ERT team in emergency protocols
- Providing a high standard of pre-hospital emergency, medical and clinical care to all employees
- Developing and delivering of training packages to site personnel
- Maintaining medical clinic and emergency equipment
- Assisting in the provision of emergency response training to ERT personnel.
- Supporting the site access control with Fit for Work testing
- Contributing to the ongoing development, continual improvement and the communication of the site’s health and safety management system
- Assisting with the emergency response teams annual budgeting process
- Maintaining health, safety, statutory, regulatory, and licensing standards, and principles, both within own workplace and through the identification of potential risks throughout Evolution
- Commitment to living and supporting the Evolution values of Safety, Excellence, Accountability, Respect
- Leading a safety culture of continuous improvement and playing an active role in our Net Zero 2050 goal.
This position will require you to have previously worked as part of a multi-disciplined HSE function with specific experience in the development of emergency response and treatment protocols. It is essential that you are competent in writing and reviewing management plans, procedures, and other H&S related system documentation. You must be able to provide professional, and timely advice to mine site personnel as required.
It is also important that you possess /can demonstrate:
- Cert III Emergency Response and Rescue (Underground)
- Cert IV in TAE (40116)
- Cert IV in Pre-Hospital Emergency Medical Response and or Occupational First Aid
- Experience with open cut and underground Mines Rescue Key Competencies
- Engaging delivery of both theoretical and hands on, competency based training
- Competency in a wide range of injury and illness response protocols and techniques
What we can offer
At Evolution we offer a range of employee benefits, that we review on a regular basis, ensuring we are listening to what our employees want. If successful, you can expect to receive the following:
- Competitive remuneration package
- 7/7 - subsidised accommodation provided
- Company provided life insurance and income protection
- Share ownership plan
- Ongoing access to health and medical wellbeing support
- Benefits program including discounts with private health insurance providers, online and in-store discounts through Maxxia Rewards, salary sacrificing
- Recognition and rewards programs
- Future opportunities to work interstate and overseas
- Incentive Programs
Evolution Mining is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to providing safe and inclusive work environments that allow our employees to be themselves.
We support our employees' work-life integration and provide a stimulating environment to foster development and career growth.
Candidates from diverse backgrounds to are encouraged to apply.
As part of the application process, Evolution will be collecting your personal information to assess your suitability for the role.
For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org