Metallurgist - Plant
Job Type: Not Specified
- Industry competitive remuneration package + bonuses + benefits
- DIDO MT ISA, Residential Cloncurry
- 8/6 FIFO – Brisbane, Cairns and Townsville
- A safe, diverse, and inclusive workplace culture in a world-class operation
Evolution Mining is a leading, growth-focused globally relevant gold company. We were created in late 2011 and operate five wholly owned mines across Australia and Ontario, Canada.
At Evolution we believe in the value of our people and our approach fosters the highest level of professionalism, ownership, and entrepreneurial spirit in all our people, while never compromising on their safety and well-being. Evolution offers highly competitive remuneration packages, inclusive of above market superannuation, professional development opportunities, discounted health care and an employee rewards program.
Ernest Henry Mine is a premier copper and gold underground mining and processing operation located northeast of Cloncurry in Northwest Queensland. We are one of Evolution’s newest operations, acquired in January 2022. Learn more about Ernest Henry Mining at HERE.
About the role
Evolution Mining currently has an opportunity within the Concentrator Metallurgy Team for a Plant Metallurgist at our Ernest Henry mine. Reporting to the Metallurgy Team Leader you will be responsible for achieving the performance targets of the Concentrator processing plant and for delivering improvement projects.
With a study underway to determine the future extension of the mine and orebody, state of the art technology being implemented in our milling circuit and with new unit operations being studied for implementation it is an exciting time to join the Metallurgy Team. With stable plant operations there is ample opportunity for process optimisation and to be involved in technically challenging project work as part of a supportive, high performing team.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Analyse plant performance on a day-to-day basis and provide consistent technical direction to production teams
- Support and execute high value capital projects
- Review, create and complete metallurgical test programs and execute metallurgical audits
- Identify and act on any opportunities to improve performance of the concentrator
- Create production plans and perform metal accounting functions
- Maintaining health, safety, statutory, regulatory, and licensing standards, and principles, both within own workplace and through the identification of potential risks throughout Evolution
- Commitment to living and supporting the Evolution values of Safety, Excellence, Accountability, Respect
- Leading a safety culture of continuous improvement and playing an active role in our Net Zero 2050 goal.
Your knowledge and experience will contribute to ongoing success of one of Evolution Mining’s largest mines. You will be able to actively liaise with key personnel in all departments. This will be achieved by maintaining good relationships with departments within the business, particularly the production and maintenance teams.
We are looking for a motivated professional with strong technical and interpersonal skills who wants to develop to their full potential while working in a highly collaborative environment.
To be considered for this role you must have / demonstrate:
- Tertiary qualification in Metallurgy, Chemical Engineering or related field
- Operational experience working in base metals grinding-flotation operations
- A strong communicator with the ability to work well in a team
- Proven track record of delivering processing improvements
- Advanced proficiency in using MS Office software; and
- Proficiency with JKSimMet, PI ProcessBook/Vision and Yokogawa DCS systems will be viewed favourably
What we can offer
At Evolution we offer a range of current, on-demand employment benefits. If successful, you can expect to receive the following:
- Competitive remuneration package, including local living allowances
- Company provided life insurance and income protection
- Annual share ownership plan
- Ongoing access to health and medical wellbeing support
- Benefits program including discounts with private health insurance providers, online and in-store discounts through Maxxia Rewards, salary sacrificing
- Recognition and rewards programs
- Lifestyle friendly Wednesday to Wednesday roster
- Base location options including residential in Cloncurry (local living allowance provided), DIDO from Mount Isa or FIFO from Brisbane, Cairns or Townsville
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to providing safe and inclusive work environments which allow our employees to be themselves. We support our employees' work-life integration and provide a stimulating environment to foster development and career growth.
We encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.
As part of the application process, Evolution will be collecting your personal information to assess your suitability for the role.
Applications close: 4th June 2023