Tradesperson - Fitter
Location: West Wyalong
Job Type: Full time
Evolution Mining Limited
Tradesperson - Fitter
- 7/7 Roster - 12-hour shifts (Days only)
- Maintenance – Processing
- Cowal Gold Operation, NSW
At Evolution, we’re passionate about Our Culture and Values.
Evolution Mining is a leading, growth-focused globally relevant gold company. We were created in late 2011 and operate five wholly owned mines across Australia and Ontario, Canada.
Our Cowal Gold Operation is an open-cut, underground and ore processing operation, located 40km Northeast of West Wyalong in NSW.
About the role
Reporting to the Mechanical Foreman the purpose of this role is to undertake scheduled maintenance, repairs, and installations within the Mill and associated infrastructure.
Key result areas in this role include:
- Carrying out all tasks as directed by the Mill/Maintenance Foreman or the designated Leading Hand acting in their place
- Completing assigned work in a timely manner and to a high standard
- Ensuring job history notes and time confirmations are entered onto work orders in Pronto
- Assisting the team in fault and failure diagnosis
- Actively participating in condition monitoring programs
- Achieving equipment availability targets
- Contributing to continuous improvement by constantly looking for opportunities to improve work safety, practices and procedures using QHSE OFI system
- Commitment to living and supporting the Evolution values of Safety, Excellence, Accountability, Respect
- Leading a safety culture of continuous improvement and playing an active role in our Net Zero 2050 goal.
This position will require you to have previous experience in similar role, in mining or other relevant industries. You must have a high level of safety awareness and be able to follow instructions, policies, and procedures.
It is also important that you possess /can demonstrate:
- Relevant trade certificate and/or industry experience
- Proficiency in gold processing fixed plant maintenance (preferred).
- Familiarity with fixed plant maintenance in mining or similar environments.
- Delivering Results and Meeting Expectations
- Compliance Principle Hazards and work management KPI’s
- Excellent stakeholder engagement and relationship building skills at all levels.
What we can offer
At Evolution we offer a range of employee benefits, that we review on a regular basis, ensuring we are listening to what our employees want. If successful, you can expect to receive the following:
- Competitive remuneration package
- Company provided life insurance and income protection
- Share ownership plan
- Ongoing access to health and medical wellbeing support
- Benefits program including discounts with private health insurance providers, online and in-store discounts through Maxxia Rewards, salary sacrificing
- Recognition and rewards programs, performance bonuses
- Participation in short term incentive scheme
- Future opportunities to work interstate and overseas
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to providing safe and inclusive work environments which allow our employees to be themselves. We support our employees' work-life integration and provide a stimulating environment to foster development and career growth.
We encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.
As part of the application process, Evolution will be collecting your personal information to assess your suitability for the role.
For further information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org