Superintendent - Technical Services
Location: New South Wales
Job Type: Not Specified
Evolution Mining has evolved from a small company into a globally relevant gold mining business with a reputation of delivering value for all stakeholders. Our overriding priority is safety. We dare our people to think differently, we act like owners, and we live our values of safety, accountability, excellence, and respect. We want people’s time at Evolution to be a highlight of their career, forging a company that’s known for sustainable excellence, and attracting the best talent, not only to Evolution, but also to our industry.
Our Cowal Gold Operation is a cornerstone asset located near West Wyalong in central NSW with a leadership team that continually focus on embedding a values driven culture aligned with our company vision to create a premier, global gold company.
The development of the Cowal Underground Mine is part of the site goal to produce 350,000 ounces of low-cost gold a year and extend its mine life out beyond 17 years, providing significant economic benefits within the region. The planned capital investment is A$380 million. A concurrent Feasibility Study is also underway, looking to continue open pit mining for a further 10 years, creating a strong Life of Mine inclusive of both open pit and underground mining.
About the role
As the Technical Services Superintendent (Open Pit), you will lead your team in safely delivering technical support across mine design and planning, projects management, drill and blast design, survey (OP and UG) and fleet management strategy to ensure safe and efficient mining operations.
Key duties within your role will include:
- Preparation of all mine production plans with consideration given to risk (safety, business, operational), profitability and quality, identifying cost saving / productivity / safety improvements through direct engagement with our people.
- Short- and long-term guidance on geotechnical, drilling and blasting parameters, survey, fleet management to create accurate mine planning, scheduling, and design requirements.
- Review and deliver timely, accurate capital and operating budgets, regular forecasts, and accruals to ensure effective cost management on a daily, monthly, and annual basis, alongside completing month-end reporting and variance analysis on Actual vs. Forecast information.
- Team leadership - mentoring, coaching, and leading your engineers and technical staff to enhance their development and success through setting clear accountabilities and deliverables for direct reports, regular interaction, informal reviews, and performance appraisals.
Reporting to our Open Pit Mine Manager, this is a significant opportunity offering competitive remuneration and a comprehensive range of benefits and the opportunity to impact meaningful, positive change whilst developing your technical and management skills, learning, and engaging with stakeholders across a breadth of mining operations.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Tertiary Mine Engineering qualification (NSW Quarry Manager’s Certificate and /or Mining Engineering Manager’s Certificate is advantageous) with strong technical knowledge and mining background in planning, scheduling and drill and blast utilising truck and shovel methods.
- High degree of commercial acumen teamed with a demonstrated passion for developing an excellent safety culture, improved via clear communication, including simplifying complex ideas to non-engineering experts, and be motivated to be part of a hardworking, communicative, and accountable team, striving for global best-practise.
Closing date: 18 June 2023.
This is a significant opportunity to further your professional development at managerial and technical level with an attractive remuneration package including incentive and development programs.
We thank you for taking the time of submitting your application. For more information, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to providing safe and inclusive work environments which allow our employees to be themselves. We support our employees' work-life integration and provide a stimulating environment to foster development and career growth. We encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.
As part of the application process, Evolution will be collecting your personal information to assess your suitability for the role.