Location: West Wyalong
Job Type: Full time
Evolution Mining Limited
- Roster 5/2/4/3 Day shift
- A rare opportunity to be part of an exciting new Underground Mine
- Company provided life insurance, discounted health insurance and salary sacrificing
Evolution Mining has evolved from a small company into a globally relevant gold mining business with a reputation of delivering value for all stakeholders. Our overriding priority is safety. We dare our people to think differently, we act like owners, and we live our values of safety, accountability, excellence, and respect. We want people's time at Evolution to be a highlight of their career, forging a company that's known for sustainable excellence, and attracting the best talent, not only to Evolution, but also to our industry.
Our Cowal gold operation is located 40km Northeast of West Wyalong in NSW. This site is residential meaning our employees return to their own home each night rather than a camp. West Wyalong has many schools, restaurants and sporting teams and is close to several regional centres. Our rosters are designed to help you create a work-life balance and with our recent mine life extension until 2032, it offers increased job security.
About the role
Reporting to the Maintenance Superintendent this position is responsible for the maintenance and control of tooling in the maintenance department.
Key result areas in this role include:
- Conducting inspections of work areas and plant for hazards, damage, and defects
- Managing workshop tooling and ensuring its proper upkeep
- Maintaining high levels of housekeeping in the tool store and wash bay
- Inspecting and updating all high-risk tooling and maintaining rigging equipment
- Managing workshop consumables and coordinating delivery of roadable spares
- Transporting tools, materials, and machinery and parts using forklifts
- Assisting tradespersons whenever necessary
- Adhering to health, safety, statutory, regulatory, and licensing standards, and principles, both within own workplace and through the identification of potential risks throughout Evolution
- Commitment to living and supporting the Evolution values of Safety, Excellence, Accountability, Respect
- Leading a safety culture of continuous improvement and playing an active role in our Net Zero 2050 goal
The position requires a high level of proficiency in several areas, including having work standards, working with others, delivering results and meeting customer expectations, adhering to rules and procedures, handling pressure and setbacks, and adapting to and responding to change. Together with strong relationship-building and stakeholder engagement skills at all levels, you'll also require good verbal and written communication skills. A good attendance and safety record is essential, as is the ability to think logically to solve problems and to prioritize and schedule work.
To be successful in this role, it is important that you have/can demonstrate:
- Relevant trade qualifications/certificates and/or industry experience.
- Candidates must have or be willing to obtain a forklift ticket.
- Experience with rigging, dogging, and/or crane operations is highly desirable, along with an HRW license.
- Previous experience in a mining environment
- Ability to work effectively both as part of a team and independently without supervision.
- Physical suitability and aptitude to work in this role
What we can offer
At Evolution we offer a range of employee benefits, that we review on a regular basis, ensuring we are listening to what our employees want. If successful, you can expect to receive the following:
- Competitive remuneration package
- Company provided life insurance and income protection
- Share ownership plan
- Ongoing access to health and medical wellbeing support
- Benefits program including discounts with private health insurance providers, online and in-store discounts through Maxxia Rewards, salary sacrificing
- Recognition and rewards programs, performance bonuses
- Participation in short term incentive scheme
- Future opportunities to work interstate and overseas
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to providing safe and inclusive work environments which allow our employees to be themselves. We support our employees' work-life integration and provide a stimulating environment to foster development and career growth.
We encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.
As part of the application process, Evolution will be collecting your personal information to assess your suitability for the role.
For more information, please contact email@example.com