Manager - Sustainability
Job Type: Not Specified
Manager - Sustainability
- Exciting leadership opportunity
- Established and progressive team
- Residential role based in the historical town of Cloncurry
Evolution Mining is a leading, growth-focused globally relevant gold company. We were created in late 2011 and operate five wholly owned mines across Australia and Ontario, Canada.
Ernest Henry Mine, a copper and gold mining and processing operation located northeast of Cloncurry, in Northwest Queensland, is one of Evolution’s newest operations, acquired in January 2022. At Evolution we believe in the value of our people and our approach fosters the highest level of professionalism, ownership, and entrepreneurial spirit in all our people, while never compromising on their safety and well-being. Evolution offers highly competitive remuneration packages, inclusive of above market superannuation, professional development opportunities, discounted health care and an employee rewards program. Learn more about Ernest Henry Mining HERE
About the role
This highly visible leadership role manages the development, implementation, and maintenance of the health and safety, environment, training, and risk and compliance framework across the operation.
Reporting directly to the General Manager, you will lead a team to further establish and maintain collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders, aiming to minimize any risks to our social license to operate on our mining lease, and leases within the operation’s control.
Key result areas in this role include;
- Conducting comprehensive reviews, generating reports, and communicating safety and environmental performance data within the organisation. This involves analysing various aspects of safety and environmental practices and performance, effectively sharing the findings with relevant stakeholders, and ensuring our performance is aligned to global best practise.
- Further develop and implement robust operational training systems and facilitating their implementation to improve efficiency including developing and driving effective training and upskilling programs to enhance the skills and knowledge of our employees, ensuring they have the necessary tools to perform their jobs efficiently.
- Assist the General Manager in formulating long-term strategic plans for sustainable growth, working closely with your fellow senior leaders to develop strategies that drive the organization's success in the long term, considering factors such as market trends, customer needs, and changing industry regulations including safeguard mechanism changes and minor/major changes to our environmental authority.
- Promoting a culture of continuous improvement including taking charge of identifying and managing risks, promoting a culture of continuous improvement, and striving to reduce risks in all aspects of operations and establishing a Zero Harm culture.
We are seeking applications from senior level candidates, with tertiary qualifications in Health, Safety or Environmental Management, or significant relevant experience across these disciplines. An in-depth understanding of the Queensland Mining Legislation and how to apply it to health, safety and environmental risk management is essential.
It is important that you have/or can demonstrate:
- Capability to inspire and foster a compelling vision and purpose for the team, effectively instilling motivation, and drive, embodying and supporting the Evolution values of Safety, Excellence, Accountability, and Respect.
- Extensive expertise in developing and implementing business strategies, showcasing a profound understanding of commercial acumen, to deliver tangible business results whilst driving innovation and change initiatives.
- A willingness to advocate for collaboration both within and across departments, while maintaining effective communication with stakeholders, exemplifying strong leadership presence, and leading by example.
- A desire to lead the cultivation of a safety culture that continually strives for improvement, actively contributing to our Net Zero 2050 goal.
About the benefits
This is a significant opportunity to further your career with an attractive remuneration package, and employee benefits, including;
- Relocation to Cloncurry, Queensland
- Housing and utilities
- A motor vehicle for work and private use
- Lifestyle friendly 5/2/4/3 roster, working 9-hour days
- Being a part of the Cloncurry community and an enjoying, all that North West Queensland has to offer
- Company provided life insurance and income protection
- Ongoing access to health and medical wellbeing support
- Benefits program including discounts with private health insurance providers, online and in-store discounts through Maxxia Rewards and salary sacrificing
- Internal and external professional development opportunities
Applications close: Wednesday 14th June 2023
Evolution Mining is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity, offering exceptional career environments, that are challenging, rewarding and fun for all employees.
We thank you for taking the time of submitting your application. For more information, you can contact email@example.com
As part of the application process, Evolution will be collecting your personal information to assess your suitability for the role.