Asset Management Specialist
Job Type: Full time
Evolution Mining Limited
Evolution Mining has evolved from a small company into a globally relevant gold mining business with a reputation of delivering value for all stakeholders. Our overriding priority is safety. We dare our people to think differently, we act like owners, and we live our values of safety, accountability, excellence, and respect. We want people’s time at Evolution to be a highlight of their career, forging a company that’s known for sustainable excellence, and attracting the best talent, not only to Evolution, but also to our industry.
Evolution Mining believes in the value of our people and our approach fosters the highest level of professionalism, ownership, and entrepreneurial spirit in all our people, while never compromising on their safety and well-being.
Our Group operations are based in Sydney CBD providing support across all sites in several key areas including our Transformation & Effectiveness (T&E) team that includes Geology, Mining, Geotechnical, Processing, TSF and Asset Management. The Asset Management function provides strategic support to our operations and maintenance programs including mobile and fixed plant with a strong focus on improving value across the business with the aim of and positioning Evolution as a leader in sustainable mining activities.
About the role
In this key role, you will be providing technical leadership and guidance to the site maintenance teams that will ensure the availability, reliability, and cost control of mobile and fixed plant assets for the safe and efficient operation in accordance with all relevant engineering standards and regulatory requirements.
This role will provide technical expertise, supporting data, analysis and reporting and support to the maintenance, operations and process team members. Key result areas in this role include:
- Provide proactive support to our sites through the established work management process to ensure systems are being used effectively in planning, budgeting, improvement, and achievement of targets, reviewing and analysing work management Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) results with the intent to provide feedback and suggestions for improvement.
- Utilise control/data acquisition and prescriptive maintenance systems to effectively strategize asset maintenance plans and work with the sites to ensure these plans are implemented and sustained.
- Collaborate with external and internal SMEs to identify new, innovative and existing technologies to make capability development an operational reality to world class performance standards.
- Prepare and manage project business cases from conceptual design through to execution, providing technical support and equipment recommendations for CAPEX and improvement programs ensuring reporting/recommendations on future improvements are captured.
- Review and analyse data and information to support the delivery of budget, Life of Mine Plan (LOMP) and Half Year Forecasts.
- Foster a collaborative working relationship across the maintenance and operational functions at each site as well as with key suppliers, OEM’s and contractors.
- Demonstrate and live behaviours aligned with the Evolution Mining values (Safety, Accountability, Excellence, Respect), ensuring that health, safety and the environment are paramount considerations in all asset management plans.
To be successful in this role, it is essential for you to have previously worked in a Mechanical/Electrical or Reliability function within mining or heavy engineering industry. Key attributes we will look for include:
- Tertiary qualification OR trade qualification in Mechanical or Electrical discipline with minimum 5 years’ heavy industry experience preferably within a heavy industrial environment
- Exposure implementation of management of LEAN, Six Sigma or similar operating systems, including application of Maintenance Strategy, systems implementation and reliability improvement programs with a natural inclination for continuous improvement.
- Well-developed analytical and critical thinking skills combined with the ability to formulate and implement commercially focused strategic, defined business plans that achieve significant business outcomes.
- Proven capability and desire to mentor and support site growth programs
- Excellent stakeholder engagement and relationship building skills at all levels with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
This opportunity will require travel and approximately 25% of time spent onsite at our mining operations.
What we can offer
At Evolution we offer a range of employee benefits and development opportunities, ensuring we are listening to what our employees want. If successful, you can expect to receive the following:
- Competitive salary package
- Various salary packaging options including novated car leasing, rental costs etc
- Future opportunities to work interstate and overseas
- Performance bonus
- Complimentary life insurance and income protection
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to providing safe and inclusive work environments which allow our employees to be themselves. We support our employees' work-life integration and provide a stimulating environment to foster development and career growth.
We encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.
As part of the application process, Evolution will be collecting your personal information to assess your suitability for the role.
Provide technical leadership and guidance to the site maintenance teams that, ensure the safe availability, reliability, and cost control of mobile and fixed plant assets.
Evolution offer a range of employee benefits and tailored development opportunities across our global operations