Job Type: Not Specified
- Lifestyle friendly Roster: 8/6/7/7 FIFO Cairns and Townsville
- Residential option in the historic town of Cloncurry
- Industry competitive remuneration package
- A diverse and inclusive workplace culture
Evolution Mining has evolved from a small company into a globally relevant gold mining business with a reputation of delivering value for all stakeholders. Our overriding priority is safety. We dare our people to think differently, we act like owners, and we live our values of safety, accountability, excellence, and respect. We want people’s time at Evolution to be a highlight of their career, forging a company that’s known for sustainable excellence, and attracting the best talent, not only to Evolution, but also to our industry.
Our Ernest Henry Mine is located 38 kilometres northeast of Cloncurry in Northwest Queensland. Evolution Mining believes in the value of our people and our approach fosters the highest level of professionalism, ownership, and entrepreneurial spirit in all our people, while never compromising on their safety and well-being.
About the role
Evolution Mining currently has an opportunity Agi Operator reporting to the Supervisor Operations. The primary purpose of this role is to be responsible for safe operations of an Underground Agitator to supply products ground support Shotcreting and delivery of concrete for construction work, to support mining and Operations.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Safe Operations of an Underground Agitator.
- Operation of surface Batch Plant for batching the required mix.
- Quality and assurance of loads and testing as required.
- Installation and repairs of services and ventilation to all development and production headings when required.
- Operation of Shotcreter as required.
- Plate and tensioning of the installed cables as required,
- Assisting with production drill hole sites (set up work) as required.
- Operating heavy diesel equipment and cleaning.
- Having a positive attitude toward safety, increase safety awareness, implement safety training, and set an example for others.
The right candidate will have good observational and communication skills. Ideally you will have at least 12 months experience in Underground Agitator Operations and Batch Plant Operations.
You must have/ demonstrate experience with
- Current C Class Driver’s Licence
- Working at Heights
- I.T operations
- Experience with vent installations and mine dewatering/reticulation
- Underground Agitator operations.
- Batch Plant Operations and batching of loads.
- Knowledge of, or experience with mine construction and services
- Application of safe working procedures
What we can offer
At Evolution we offer a range of current, on-demand employment benefits. If successful, you can expect to receive the following:
- Competitive remuneration package, including local living allowances
- Company provided life insurance and income protection
- Annual share ownership plan
- Ongoing access to health and medical wellbeing support
- Benefits program including discounts with private health insurance providers, online and in-store discounts through Maxxia Rewards, salary sacrificing
- Recognition and rewards programs
- Lifestyle friendly 8/6/7/7 day/night roster
- Base location options including residential in Cloncurry (local living allowance provided), DIDO from Mount Isa or FIFO from Cairns or Townsville
- Future opportunities to work interstate and overseas
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to providing safe and inclusive work environments which allow our employees to be themselves. We support our employees' work-life integration and provide a stimulating environment to foster development and career growth. We encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.
As part of the application process, Evolution will be collecting your personal information to assess your suitability for the role.