Location: Mount Burges
Job Type: Not Specified
- 8:6 Roster (12hr days), FIFO available.
- Develop your expertise while working for a growing company!
- Long life of mine - job security
Evolution Mining has grown from a small company into a global gold miner with a reputation for delivering to all its stakeholders. Our Australian origins and spirit for discovery have created a unique business that values talent and encourages ownership. We dare our people to think differently, we act like owners, and we live our values of safety, accountability, excellence, and respect.
Talented people are core to our business, and we reward them well. Our culture encourages everyone to think before we act. We take pride in our work, strive to improve, and empower each other.
About the role
We are looking for a Surveyor who will report to the Senior Surveyor and be responsible for spatial support at our Mungari mine operations 28km, from central Kalgoorlie.
Duties and responsibilities include;
- Liaise with the open pit and underground mining teams to ensure survey support is timely and effective.
- Work within the Mines Safety and Inspection Act 1994 and the Mines Survey - Code of Practice.
- Conduct regular as-built surveys and maintain the digital mine model
- Maintain the site services model.
- Ensure sound record keeping of survey work.
- Accurate and timely set out of mine design (Underground; Lateral Development, Vertical Development, Production rings, Open Pit; Drill Patterns and Pit Extents)
- Accurate and timely set out of ore zone delineation (open pit).
- Extension, maintenance, and rigorous checks on the survey control networks.
- Accurate End of Month reporting for the mining and stockpile areas.
- Upkeep and drafting of mine and emergency plans.
- Ad hoc project and exploration survey support provided when required.
- Accurate and timely collection and delivery of Aerial photogrammetry work.
- Upkeep and appropriate calibration and testing of survey equipment.
- Mentor trainee and graduate surveyors to assist with their development.
- Tertiary qualification – Degree or Diploma in Surveying (Mine) Preferred.
- WA Authorised Mine Surveyor (Grade 1) or the ability to work towards Preferred.
- RPAS Certification Preferred.
- 2+ years mine surveying experience desirable and sound understanding of survey principles. (Entry level qualified surveyors are also encouraged to apply)
- Positive attitude towards exhibiting and promoting good health and safety behaviours
- Competent with presenting and communicating information in a clear and timely manner.
- Computer literate, with a good attention to detail and ability to maintain a high standard of work.
- Solid analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Excellent time management and prioritisation of stakeholder requirements.
- Self-motivated and proactive to achieve individual, team and business goals.
What we offer
At Evolution we offer a range of employee benefits, that we review on a regular basis, ensuring we are listening to what our employees want.If successful, you can expect to receive the following:
- Attractive salary package + quarterly bonus + local living benefits
- Salary packaging options including novated car leasing, remote living costs etc.
- Complimentary life insurance and income protection
- Future opportunities to work interstate and overseas
- Referral bonuses available.
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to providing safe and inclusive work environments which allow our employees to be themselves. We support our employees' work-life integration and provide a stimulating environment to foster development and career growth.
We encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.
As part of the application process, Evolution will be collecting your personal information to assess your suitability for the role.