Engineer - Mining
Location: West Wyalong
Job Type: Full time
Evolution Mining Limited
Engineer - Mining Open Pit
- Industry competitive remuneration package with a range of financial, employee development and health & wellbeing benefits and rewards.
- A diverse and inclusive workplace culture
- Get involved in a prosperous operation with further growth opportunities
- Roster: 8/6 12hr days – negotiable for the right candidate
Evolution Mining has evolved into a globally relevant gold mining business with a reputation of delivering value for all stakeholders. Our overriding priority is safety. We dare our people to think differently, we act like owners, and we live our values of safety, accountability, excellence, and respect. We want people’s time at Evolution to be a highlight of their career, forging a company that’s known for sustainable excellence, and attracting the best talent, not only to Evolution, but also to our industry.
Our Cowal gold operation is located 40km Northeast of West Wyalong in NSW. This site is residential meaning our employees return to their own home each night rather than a camp. West Wyalong has many schools, restaurants and sporting teams and is close to several regional centres. Our rosters are designed to help you create a work-life balance and with our recent mine life extension until 2032, it offers increased job security.
About the Role
Reporting to the Senior Mining Engineer, the Mining Engineer (Drill and Blast) will play a pivotal role in delivering technical solutions for the mining operations department, collaborating closely with, operational teams as well as other technical teams such as geology, survey, and geotechnical engineering. The primary objective of this role is to ensure the implementation of safe and efficient mining practices through effective drill and blast design and control.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Designing - drilling, loading, and initiation plans in alignment with the short-term mine plan
- Collaborating with the planning team to integrate drill and blast plans with other planning and operational areas.
- Actively engaging with the production team to communication these designs and plans to ensure there safe and efficient execution.
- Optimization of drill & blast processes with a focus on increasing operational efficiency.
- Embracing and upholding Evolution's core values of Safety, Excellence, Accountability, and Respect.
- Leading a culture of safety and continuous improvement, actively contributing to our Net Zero 2050 initiative.
At Evolution, we view the growth of our team members as integral to our business success. As a Drill and Blast Engineer, you will gain exposure to various facets of our Cowal Gold Operation and play a pivotal role within the Technical Services Team.
Your ability to uphold high work standards and collaborate effectively with others is paramount. This role demands strong analytical and communication skills, along with a keen eye for detail. As an organized, efficient, proactive, and adaptable professional, you'll thrive in our dynamic work environment that welcomes change.
To be considered, you should demonstrate:
- A tertiary qualification in Mining Engineering or an equivalent field.
- Previous experience in a similar Open Pit Drill and Blast role.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Proficiency in using Deswik software is highly advantageous.
- A high level of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
If you're ready to contribute your expertise and be part of a dynamic team, we encourage you to apply and become a vital member of our mining operations.
What we can offer
At Evolution we offer a range of employee benefits, that we review on a regular basis, ensuring we are listening to what our employees want. If successful, you can expect to receive the following:
- Competitive remuneration package
- A range of financial, employee development and healthy & wellbeing benefits and rewards.
- Continual training and development and internal career progression opportunities.
- Company provided life insurance and income protection
- Share ownership plan
- Ongoing access to health and medical wellbeing support
- Recognition and rewards programs, performance bonuses
- Commonwealth Bank – Banking Benefits
- Discounted local gym membership
- A professional and friendly team - inclusive and diverse working environment
Evolution Mining is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to providing safe and inclusive work environments which allow our employees to be themselves.
We support our employees' work-life integration and provide a stimulating environment to foster development and career growth.
Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
As part of the application process, Evolution will be collecting your personal information to assess your suitability for the role.
For more information, please contact email@example.com