Location: West Wyalong
Job Type: Full time
Evolution Mining Limited
Mine Surveyor (UG)
- Opportunity for career growth
- DIDO – 8/6 Roster (Day Shifts)
- Competitive salary and a wide range of employee benefits
Evolution Mining has evolved from a small company into a globally relevant gold mining business with a reputation of delivering value for all stakeholders. Our overriding priority is safety. We dare our people to think differently, we act like owners, and we live our values of safety, accountability, excellence, and respect. We want people’s time at Evolution to be a highlight of their career, forging a company that’s known for sustainable excellence, and attracting the best talent, not only to Evolution, but also to our industry.
Our Cowal gold operation is located 40km Northeast of West Wyalong in NSW. This site is residential, meaning our employees return to their own home each night rather than a camp. West Wyalong has many schools, restaurants and sporting teams and is close to several regional centres. Our rosters are designed to help you create a work-life balance and with our recent mine life extension until 2032, it offers increased job security.
About the role
Cowal Gold Operations are currently looking for a surveyor to join the mining team. Reporting to Senior Surveyor, the purpose of this role is to provide technical support to the Senior Surveyor in the conduct of all mine survey activities, to appropriate standards.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the progress of the development of the mine technical services survey team
- Playing a hands-on role in the day-to-day activities of the mine technical services section
- Liaising with the geology and mine production sections to co-ordinate and implement daily, weekly, and longer-term project work for the survey team.
- Planning and undertaking underground development heading set out and face markups, laser installations, void pick-ups, subsistence/deformation monitoring, EOM survey, computation, processing, and reporting.
- Developing new & reviewing current procedures and safe work practices within the technical services section
- Maintaining the Survey plan and document filing system & library
- Survey set out, mine development, and other projects on site
- Contributing to short and longer-term planning activities
- Work within and comply with the Evolution Mining and CGO site-specific safety and health management system and environment management systems
To be successful in this role you must be an experienced surveyor who can work within the mine survey team and in an underground mining environment. Previous exposure to and understanding of modern survey instrumentation, practices, and associated computer skills is essential for this role.
To be considered for this role you must possess / be able to demonstrate:
- Recognised tertiary qualification OR
- Recognised TAFE or advanced diploma
- 2+ years Underground survey experience
- Experience in underground mining as a surveyor and/or
- Formal qualification in Surveying or related discipline.
- Exposure to Deswik software highly desirable.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Right to work in Australia
- Willingness to learn and progress within the organisation
What we can offer
At Evolution we offer a range of employee benefits, that we review on a regular basis, ensuring we are listening to what our employees want. If successful, you can expect to receive the following:
- Competitive remuneration package
- DIDO – 8/6 Roster (Day Shifts)
- Subsidized accommodation provided
- Share ownership plan
- Ongoing access to health and medical wellbeing support
- Benefits program including discounts with private health insurance providers, online and in-store discounts through Maxxia Rewards, salary sacrificing
- Recognition and rewards programs
- Discounted local gym membership
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to providing safe and inclusive work environments which allow our employees to be themselves. We support our employees' work-life integration and provide a stimulating environment to foster development and career growth.
We encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.
As part of the application process, Evolution will be collecting your personal information to assess your suitability for the role.
For more information, please email email@example.com