HR Director Australia/ New Zealand
Location: North Sydney
Job Type: Full time
We’re passionate about unlocking the power of data in order to transform lives and create opportunities for consumers, businesses and society. For more than 125 years, we’ve helped businesses grow, consumers and small businesses gain access to financial services, and economies and communities flourish – and we’re not done.
Our 17k amazing employees in 40+ countries believe the possibilities for you, and the world, are growing. We’re investing in the future, through new technologies, talented people and innovation so we can help create a better tomorrow.
To do this we employ the greatest and brightest minds that share our purpose and want to make a difference. We embrace our diversity yet share similar values and growth mindsets.
What’s your next professional and personal goal? Let Experian help bring this to life
We are looking for an experienced HR Director to join our Australia and New Zealand business. The HR Director role is accountable for planning, designing, aligning and implementing the people strategy for Experian Australia and New Zealand. Managing a team of HR professionals, you will have a proven track record of leading a high performing HR function in a high performance business environment. With a curious appreciation of business strategy, you can build sustainable professional relationships and are capable of acting as a trusted advisor to senior leadership, who may be located virtually.
You will have a track record of delivering successful change and are skilled at coaching and influencing business and HR stakeholders at all levels to deliver results. You are prepared to move from the strategic to the operational and you have a passion for building sustainable relationships and for getting things done.
The role sits within our Human Resources team and works closely with all our business lines, driving the People agenda across Australia/ New Zealand and in partnership with EMEA and APAQC regional and Global centres of excellence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Partnering with the Managing Director A/NZ, drive people engagement, culture change and achievement of business objectives.
- Develop a high performing team environment where the appropriate HR structures, systems, framework and values exist in order to meet and exceed the long and short term goals of the People Plan
- Responsibility for and control of the HR A/NZ P&L.
- Champion a culture where the fair treatment of customers and employees is at the heart of the Experian business.
- Active thought leader internally and externally. Updates commercial knowledge by participating in conferences and educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organisations.
- Ensure that by leading by example, you adhere to all regulatory requirements and apply appropriate controls
Strategy and People Plan
- Support the business in delivering change that includes managing due diligence and integration of mergers and acquisitions as well as organic growth
- Identify people solutions to achieve business outcomes and optimise employee and candidate experience.
- Execute the agreed people plan with key stakeholders to KPIs and outcomes
Effective Business Partner
- Act as a confidante and thought partner; a trusted coach and counsel and a valued voice, providing innovative ideas, provocation and challenge to the senior leadership team, as well as advice and insight.
- Partner with key stakeholders to formulate and execute strategies that drive talent, capability and engagement growth across Experian
- Provide insight led partnering to underpin effective business discussions and actions to challenge and influence our Regional/local business and people agenda
- Support leaders and the HR team through complex people management issues to effective outcomes
- Utilise the engagement survey insights to drive activity that is aligned, joined up and impactful on creating a great place to work
- Lead, facilitate and exec sponsor Social Responsibility growth across A/NZ as part of expanding our focus on gifts in kind, fundraising and volunteering in local communities.
- Drive and embed our Experian culture both regionally and locally to build and sustain an effective and engaging working environment
Operations and Process
- Ensure compliance and standards upheld in how we interact with our people in all business activities ensuring they are handled sensitively, professionally and in accordance with policy and employment law;
- Optimize, maximize and automate processes to achieve efficient service delivery and experience
- Lead internal communication activities from a business as usual perspective for performance reviews, reward, talent, engagement survey etc processes annually.
- Support the monthly payroll processes and approvals
Centre of Excellence
- Takes overall accountability for the delivery of people processes to the country, liaising with Centre of Excellence teams across EMEA and APAC and globally
- Strong end to end generalist leader with proven experience of leading high performance teams
- Demonstrated examples of being a key advisor in a leadership team on all matters and being a though partner, with skills in planting ideas, challenging, provoking and inciting action
- Experience of working in a matrix reporting line and with markets ourside of A/NZ beneficial
- Strong commercial acumen
- Confident, driven and flexible leader experienced in client focused relationships
- Strategic and innovative thinker
- Ability to manage multiple expectations and projects at the same time
- Ability to deal with complex and ambiguous scenarios and deliver difficult messages
Experian Careers - Creating a better tomorrow together