Location: Eight Mile Plains
Job Type: Full time
At Fulton Hogan we're passionate about creating, connecting and caring for communities, with people at the heart of everything. It's why we've created a culture of empowerment and autonomy to ensure our people can deliver "Good Work" each day. You'll have a fulfilling & rewarding career working with us and you'll contribute to a sustainable future we can all be proud of.
As a valued employee, you will be eligible for:
- A competitive salary package
- Permanent role
- An opportunity for a career growth & long-term development
- Be part of a dynamic and inclusive team environment
A fantastic opportunity has presented for a Management Accountant to complement our Northern Region Construction Finance Team, based in Brisbane. Reporting to the Finance Manager, you will be responsible for supporting the region with the day-to-day Accounting and reporting functions, as well as providing advice, insight and analysis to the operational and management teams to achieve strategic objectives.
- Month end and year end reporting including processing journal entries, joint venture entries and preparing profit and loss
- Assisting project teams with financial reporting activities
- Leading the region's Fringe Benefits Tax return preparation
- Assisting the Regional Finance Manager with reporting on regional financial performance against KPIs.
- Providing coaching and training to team members, Engineers and Managers.
- Ensuring compliance with internal policies, statutory and regulatory requirements.
- You will thrive working in a team environment and understand that it's a great team that delivers great outcomes. You will have great communication skills with the ability to engage well at all levels. You will demonstrate your ability to use your initiative and confidence in challenging the norm in establishing best practice systems and procedures. You will bring commercial awareness and financial acumen with the ability to balance strategic and operational activities. You will be ambitious, driven, ready to take on a new challenge and bring good leadership skills. In addition you will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Accounting or Finance, CA/CPA qualification highly regarded
- Demonstrated experience in an Accountancy role (5+ years), preferably within the Construction, Infrastructure, Engineering industry sectors and/or professional services firm.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to review and critique financial information, well-developed problem solving skills and advanced Excel skills.
- Strong stakeholder focus and ability to communicate professionally and effectively at various levels, building strong relationships both externally and internally.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work under pressure, prioritise tasks and meet tight deadlines, including attention to detail.
Sound like you?
If this sounds like and you would like to help build on our Good Work culture, then we would like to hear from you. If you meet a number of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application.
Find out more about us: https://www.fultonhogan.com/