Job Type: Full time
At Fulton Hogan we're passionate about creating, connecting and caring for communities, with people at the heart of everything. It's why we've created a culture of empowerment and autonomy to ensure our people can deliver "Good Work" each day. You'll have a fulfilling & rewarding career working with us and you'll contribute to a sustainable future we can all be proud of.
An opportunity has arisen to join the Fulton Hogan team in Mackay as the Department Manager. Reporting to the Divisional Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing the surfacing and production operations within the Mackay region. We are seeking a leader with an ability to manage change, develop people
and who has a demonstrated ability to satisfy both internal and external customers. You will be someone with solid business acumen and will know what it takes to deliver financial performance through people.
As a valued employee, you will be eligible for:
- A competitive salary package
- Permanent role
- An opportunity for a career growth & long-term development
- Be part of a dynamic and inclusive team environment
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- People management (e.g. resourcing, training, performance management);
- Preparing and reviewing estimates and tenders;
- Building and maintaining relationships with existing and potential clients;
- Programming and coordinating production and surfacing to ensure maximum efficiency ;
- Project management of multiple jobs simultaneously to ensure works are delivered on time and within budget (e.g. ensuring compliance, liaising with clients, suppliers and subcontractors, accurate job costing);
- Monitoring performance to ensure set P&L targets are achieved;
- Promote and lead by example, a commitment to 'Zero Harm
The successful applicant will have:
- Demonstrated experience in asphalt production and laying, with a practical, hands on approach and a proven ability to achieve results;
- Experience leading a geographically dispersed business, with strong financial and commercial acumen to improve business performance in challenging markets;
- Demonstrated understanding of costings, budgets, forecasting, subcontractor management, estimating and cost control;
- A persistence to drive positive outcomes, while fostering a culture of autonomy, accountability and continuous improvement;
- Strong stakeholder management skills, coupled with the ability to take ownership and problem solve in spite of competing stakeholder interests.
Sound like you?
If this sounds like and you would like to help build on our Good Work culture, then we would like to hear from you.