People and Culture Advisor
Job Type: Full time
Fulton Hogan is a privately owned contractor with more than 80 years' experience in transport, water, energy, mining, civil construction and land development infrastructure in New Zealand and Australia. We create communities from the ground up, starting with our own network of quarries, which is complemented by our asphalt, emulsion and precast plants across Australia and New Zealand.
We pride ourselves on being a family company - one that cares about communities and the people in them, especially our customers, suppliers and our people.
About the role
Due to internal movement, a fantastic opportunity for a suitably qualified and experienced Human Resources Advisor is now available, to support our Infrastructure Services division based in Townsville. Reporting to the HR Manager, you will support day-to-day HR activities, and work closely with the team to implement strategic HR initiatives throughout the Queensland region.
- Regular site visits to perform HR business partnering and maintain contact with operational teams.
- Establishing and maintaining strong working relationships with the business to become a trusted advisor.
- Investigating HR/IR issues and recommending solutions in accordance with legislation, policy and guidelines.
- Providing advice across a range of IR/ER issues including advice on EBA's in an industrial environment.
- Supporting the team in the utilisation of the HRIS system (Workday).
- Assisting with Performance Management, Talent & Succession, Remuneration & Benefits, Learning & Development and Recruitment needs for the business.
- Balancing transactional and strategic HR priorities simultaneously.
- Supporting the annual Graduate and Cadet intake including the annual recruitment drive.
- Contributing as member of the HR team in establishing our desired organisational culture.
You are confident in your abilities, are an excellent communicator, customer focused and an influential team member. You hold qualifications in either HR or IR, with sound experience in a similar role. You have experience working within a fast-paced industrial environment and are results focused, resilient, resourceful, proactive and flexible. Strong planning and organisational skills with the capacity to prioritise work and deal with competing demand is innate. Exceptional interpersonal skills (high level of emotional intelligence and good judgement), together with an ability to influence at all levels will be essential to the success of this role.
Previous proven experience in a complex multi-site business will be highly regarded, as will knowledge of Enterprise Agreements.
If you feel this position is a good fit for your skills and experience and you are passionate about working for a company that prioritises our REAL values of Respect, Energy, Attitude and Leadership, please apply below.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company.