Light Vehicle Mechanic
Job Type: Full time
Gold Fields is a globally diversified gold producer with nine operating mines in Australia, Peru, South Africa and West Africa (including the Asanko JV), as well as one project in Chile
Gold Fields' mining assets in the Australia region (GFA) include a 100% interest in the St Ives, Agnew and Granny Smith mines and a 50:50 interest in the Gruyere JV project with Gold Road Resources
The maintenance team at Agnew have an opportunity for an experienced Light Vehicle Mechanic to join their team.
Reporting to the Leading Hand : Mechanical Light Vehicle, you will be responsible providing quality and timely preventative vehicle maintenance and repairs of light vehicles and other areas of the operation as required.
Safety is a core value at Gold Fields and we expect all levels of employees to always act in a manner that seeks to enhance the safety culture and performance of our company.
This role is offered on an 8 days on 6 days off roster and is Fly in Fly out from Perth.
- 2022 Retention Bonus
- 6 % Site Allowance & Quarterly Bonus Scheme & Private Health Insurance Allowance
- Salary continuance scheme and life insurance
- Virgin Velocity reward points
- Continual training and ability to expand your career
- Salary Sacrifice options
About the role:
- Ensure the achievement of budgeted maintenance targets by practicing preventative maintenance through scheduled inspections, servicing, adjustments, troubleshooting and timely repair of light vehicles
- Support the efficient operation of the light vehicle maintenance facilities by providing reliable and accurate maintenance knowledge, expertise and practical application, to minimise down time and subsequent loss of production
- Maintain a working knowledge of all task instructions and procedures and ensure that these are consistently adhered to when carrying out light vehicle maintenance tasks
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping throughout the maintenance workshops and wherever maintenance work is carried out
- Maximise return on assets through effective utilisation and care of light vehicle maintenance equipment and tools, with due consideration of safety and environmental issues
- Complete all administrative processing requirements associated with maintenance duties, such as requisitioning of parts and materials, processing of maintenance orders, recording of labour time, etc. through the efficient utilisation of SAP, AMT and other relevant information management systems
- Certificate III in Automotive Mechanical (Light Vehicle) Qualification
- Solid experience in light vehicle maintenance working in an underground gold mining environment would be advantageous to your application
- Extensive knowledge of light vehicle technologies and equipment
- Experience in servicing and maintaining Toyota VDJ Landcruiser’s and Hilux’s
- Experience working on ancillary equipment like bobcat’s. compressors etc. is desirable
- Valid Drivers License
- Current WA Dangerous Goods Card, Working at Heights and Confined Spaces is desirable
- Auto Electrical experience is required
- Automotive A/C ticket is an advantage
Applications can be submitted via: https://careers.goldfields.com/Australia
We are committed to achieving a diverse and inclusive workforce, and strongly encourage applications from female, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, as well as candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds.
At Gold Fields we work together as a team to deliver excellent results and take pride in what we do. We actively seek input from others and truly believe that diverse views improve the quality of our work. We work hard, so when the business achieves its goals, employees can share in better salary increases and bonuses, and we have more money to invest in communities and ongoing renewable energy projects.