Job Type: Full time
Gold Fields is a globally diversified gold producer with nine operating mines in Australia, Peru, South Africa and West Africa (including the Asanko JV), as well as one project in Chile.
Gold Fields' mining assets in the Australia region (GFA) include a 100% interest in the St Ives, Agnew and Granny Smith mines and a 50:50 interest in the Gruyere JV project with Gold Road Resources.
Granny Smith Mine (GSM) is an underground gold mining operation located 740km northeast of Perth, Western Australia. Our people fly to site on a chartered jet departing Perth Airport's Terminal 2 to Laverton with a travel time of around 85 minutes, or via road for employees residing in host community towns including Laverton and Kalgoorlie.
Reporting to the Supply Supervisor, you will be providing issues, receipts, and transport of goods to meet site customer requirements ensuring a high level of customer focus. The role will also be responsible for ensuring the company’s inventory assets are stored correctly to minimise damage, risk and in line with mandatory Regulations and Standards
As an employee at Gold Fields, we expect all levels of employees to act in a manner that seeks to align and enhance the values, safety culture and performance of Gold Fields with the purpose of creating enduring value beyond mining.
This role is offered on an 8 days on 6 days off, 7 nights on 7 days off roster and is Fly in Fly out from Perth or Drive in Drive out from the Goldfields region.
- 6% Site Allowance & Private Health Insurance Allowance
- Quarterly Bonus Scheme
- Retention bonus
- Virgin Velocity reward points
- Increased leave entitlements for annual leave, paid primary and secondary parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Long service leave pro rata after 5 years of continuous service
About the role:
- Minimise the potential of mining and processing downtime by proactively managing stock levels of critical spares and consumables to ensure availability when required;
- Collaborate stocktaking and audit any discrepancies;
- Receive, unload, unpack, and check quantities against purchase orders for accuracy;
- Forklift operations, unloading freight trucks, general yard duties, operate a range of forklifts from 3T to 18T;
- Store inventory received within the warehouse in a manner that they can be easily located in the future using the correct bin locations within the SAP system;
- Ensure all direct charge receivables are delivered to the correct location nominated on the purchase order by the date required.
- Valid HR Drivers’ Licence and forklift licence
- Possess a current High-Risk Licence & Apply First Aid
- Demonstrated experience within the Mining Industry, OR in a large industrial warehouse
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel, Word and Outlook
- Experience using SAP would be highly regarded
- Team focused and effective communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in safety culture and workplace standards
Applications can be submitted via: https://careers.goldfields.com/Australia
We are committed to achieving a diverse and inclusive workforce, and strongly encourage applications from female, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, as well as candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds.
At Gold Fields we work together as a team to deliver excellent results and take pride in what we do. We actively seek input from others and truly believe that diverse views improve the quality of our work. We work hard, so when the business achieves its goals, employees can share in better salary increases and bonuses, and we have more money to invest in communities and ongoing renewable energy projects.