Job Type: Full time
Gold Fields Group Services (Pty) Ltd
Gold Fields – Granny Smith is currently seeking a Coordinator: Underground Mining to join their mining team.
Reporting to the Alternate Unit Manager: Underground Mining, you will be responsible for the coordination of the owner operator underground mining crews as well as full compliance with standards whilst ensuring the delivery of operational targets in a safe, productive, and efficient manner.
Safety is a core value at Gold Fields, and we expect all levels of employees to always act in a manner that seeks to enhance the safety culture and performance of our company.
This role is offered on 8 days on 6 days off roster and is Fly in Fly out from Perth.
Gold Fields has a vast array of benefits including:
- Stability - Granny Smith has a 10-year mine life
- 6 % Site Allowance & Quarterly Bonus Scheme & Private Health Insurance Allowance
- Salary continuance scheme and life insurance
- Continual training and the ability to expand your career
- Short travel times, to a well-equipped camp where you shall have your own room & full phone/Wi-Fi coverage
- Virgin Velocity reward points
About the role:
- Contribute your high level of knowledge and proficiency in running the different facets of an underground mining operation including understanding and proactively managing the monthly plan.
- Ensure development and stoping compliance to Weekly (Short Term) Plan and Monthly (Medium Term) Plan.
- Use Data Capturing system to analyse performance of fleet and personnel (OEE) and implement improvements where required.
- Conduct regular inspections of the work area to proactively address any adverse safety and production impacts.
- Actively promote training within your crews to strengthen future skill sets.
- Collaborate with the other coordinators, to effectively control the production related costs by optimising the use of allocated resources, mining to plan and reporting any alterations to mining plan.
- Coach, develop and lead your team.
- Ensure all contractors on site comply with Gold Fields standards and schedules.
You will have:
- Display supervisory and operational experience in an underground mining environment – preferably gold
- Possession of an Underground Supervisors Certificate of Competency
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to coach and develop the successful underground mining crews
- Frontline Management or another supervisor training certificate
Please feel free to apply via: https://careers.goldfields/australia.com
We are committed to achieving a diverse and inclusive workforce, and strongly encourage applications from female, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, as well as candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds.