Job Type: Full time
Gold Fields is a globally diversified gold producer with nine operating mines in Australia, Peru, South Africa and West Africa (including the Asanko JV), as well as one project in Chile.
Granny Smith Mine (GSM) is an underground gold mining operation located 740km northeast of Perth, Western Australia.
Our team fly to the site on a chartered jet departing Perth Airport’s Terminal 2 four days a week to Laverton with a travel time of around 85 minutes, or via road for employees residing in host community towns including Laverton and Kalgoorlie.
Reporting to the Senior Geologist: Mining at Granny Smith, you will be responsible for providing quality mine geology services and working collaboratively with the broader Mining Team to maximize the return from the operation.
As an employee at Gold Fields, we expect all levels of employees to always act in a manner that seeks to align and enhance the values, safety culture, and performance of Gold Fields.
This role is offered on an 8 days on, 6 days off roster and is Fly in Fly out from Perth.
- Stability - Granny Smith has a 10-year mine life
- 6% Site Allowance & Quarterly Bonus Scheme
- Private Health Insurance Allowance
- Virgin Velocity reward points
- Continual training and the ability to expand your career
- Salary Sacrifice options
About the role:
- Provide ongoing mentoring and coaching to Mine Geologists and Geological team.
- Assist with implementing mining methodologies that minimise dilution and maximise recovery of economic resources;
- Collate and deliver accurate Production and geological models, data, forecasts, and associated reports.
- Provide guidance with progress/status against outlook, forecast, and budget.
- Contribute to the definition, implementation, and monitoring of short, medium, and long-term mine exploration programs to extend the Life of Mine (LOM) and increase Reserves and Resources.
- Planning, design, and management of grade control and near mine exploration drill programs.
- Document and define the controls on mineralisation through mapping, reports, and presentations to build a bank of quality historical data and knowledge for current and future reference.
- Take ownership and responsibility for the geological, structural, and block models for the operation.
- Contribute to site geological interpretation, grade control models, Resource models, and reports to ensure accuracy of interpretation and the ability to deliver on expected outcomes/strategic objectives.
- Bachelor of Science majoring in Geology
- Ability to build collaborative relationships across technical services and mining teams
- Proven experience in a production mining environment with Resource estimation experience
- Previous practical experience in Underground Mining is essential
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite and mining software such as Datamine, Leapfrog, and/or Deswick
- Possess a Valid Driver’s Licence
Applications can be submitted via: https://careers.goldfields.com.au
We are committed to achieving a diverse and inclusive workforce, and strongly encourage applications from female, Aboriginal, and Torres Strait Islanders, as well as candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds.
At Gold Fields we work together as a team to deliver excellent results and take pride in what we do. We actively seek input from others and truly believe that diverse views improve the quality of our work. We work hard, so when the business achieves its goals, employees can share in better salary increases and bonuses, and we have more money to invest in communities and ongoing renewable energy projects.