Paste Fill Operator
Location: Kambalda East
Job Type: Full time
Gold Fields is a globally diversified gold producer with nine operating mines in Australia, Peru, South Africa and West Africa (including the Asanko JV), as well as one project in Chile.
Gold Fields' mining assets in the Australia region (GFA) include a 100% interest in the St Ives, Agnew and Granny Smith mines and a 50:50 interest in the Gruyere JV project with Gold Road Resources.
Gold Fields Australia is currently seeking a Paste Fill Operator to join their Underground Production Team at Hamlet St Ives Gold Mine.
Reporting to the Paste Fill Coordinator you will be responsible for the installation of underground Paste Fill infrastructure, operating and maintenance of paste plant, QAQC of paste fill samples and for the provision of quality and efficient paste fill service.
This role is offered on 4 days on, 4 nights on, 6 days off, 11-hour roster and would be residential in Kambalda or Kalgoorlie. Bus transportation is offered to and from site daily and relocation assistance will be offered to the successful candidate if required.
Safety is a core value at Gold Fields and we expect all levels of employees to always act in a manner that seeks to enhance the safety culture and performance of our company.
Gold Fields has a vast array of benefits including:
- Stability –12+ year mine life
- 6 % Site Allowance & Quarterly Bonus Scheme.
- Private Health Insurance Allowance.
- Salary continuance scheme and life insurance.
- Continual training and ability to expand your career.
- Salary Sacrifice options.
About the role:
- Be organized and prepared to undertake all assigned tasks by the Supervisor
- Ensure paste walls, paste reticulation, relevant instrumentation, compressed air, ventilation infrastructure, water and dewatering pipe systems are installed on time and according to specifications.
- Maintaining a high standard of housekeeping in operated equipment such as the paste plant, vehicle cabins, crib rooms, throughout workshop and wherever works are carried out to ensure a safe and efficient work environment.
- Safely operate machines and equipment to achieve the required tasks.
- Arrive fit for work for all rostered days, and ensure all pre-starts, workplace inspections and all other documentation are accurately completed
- Appraise Paste Fill Coordinator or Mine Management of issues thay may affect safe and efficient production through frequent communication.
- Previous experience working in an Underground mining environment and operating a Paste Plant or similar infrastructure
- Have sound understanding of machinery and care of mobile mechanical equipment.
- Valid manual C class driving license and working at heights
- Apply first aid certification highly regarded
Applications can be submitted via: https://careers.goldfields.com.au
We are committed to achieving a diverse and inclusive workforce, and strongly encourage applications from female, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, as well as candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds.
At Gold Fields we work together as a team to deliver excellent results and take pride in what we do. We actively seek input from others and truly believe that diverse views improve the quality of our work. We work hard, so when the business achieves its goals, employees can share in better salary increases and bonuses, and we have more money to invest in communities and ongoing renewable energy projects.