Surface Mobile Reliability Engineer
Location: Kalgoorlie - Boulder
Job Type: Full time
The mine is located on the Norseman-Wiluna Greenstone Belt, which forms part of the Yilgarn Craton in Western Australia. It is a highly mineralised granite-greenstone terrain with world-class deposits of gold and nickel. St Ives has produced more than 10.5 million ounces of gold, with the first major gold mining expedition commencing in the mid-1980s.
St Ives Gold Mine operates mainly on a residential basis, with employees either living in Kambalda or Kalgoorlie.
With a 10-year life of mine, stability is a plus!!!
Reporting to the Superintendent: Mobile Maintenance, you will be responsible for contributing to the achievement of operational and strategic targets through the identification, coordination, and management of departmental projects, including the review and implementation of improved reliability and availability initiatives across the existing infrastructure to ensure maximum return and long term sustainability.
Safety is a core value at Gold Fields, and we expect all levels of employees to always act in a manner that seeks to enhance the safety culture and performance of our company.
This role is offered on 5 days on, 2 days off, and 4 days on 3 days off roster if the incumbent was to be residential in Kambalda or Kalgoorlie. A fly-in fly-out roster is on offer with a 8 days, 6 off, 4 days on, and 3 days off option.
- 6% Site Allowance & Private Health Insurance Allowance
- Quarterly Bonus Scheme
- Salary sacrifice options
- Increased leave entitlements for annual leave, paid primary and secondary parental leave
- Employee referral program - $10,000 per successful referral!
- Long service leave pro rata after 5 years of continuous service
About the role:
- Contribute to the team to consistently achieve targets in alignment with legislative and site requirements
- Share and train others by providing technical expertise to ensure the maintenance department functions are adequately supported by coordinating all facets of reliability
- Analyse data, develop quality reliability, and facilitate root cause analysis investigations
- Collaborate with continuous improvement projects in relation to asset management and reliability initiatives
- Develop strong networks with engineering and technical personnel, ensuring adequate transfer of knowledge and information within the team to ensure correct understanding and increased accuracy of reliability related project work
- Continually review maintenance strategies and standard jobs
You will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Mechanical Engineering – or relevant Trade qualification
- Extensive displayed experience in a mobile maintenance environment, as well as an understanding of surface mining equipment
- Valid driver’s license
- Project Management experience would be highly regarded.
Applications can be submitted via: https://careers.goldfields.com/Australia
We are committed to achieving a diverse and inclusive workforce, and strongly encourage applications from female, Aboriginal, and Torres Strait Islanders, as well as candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Stability -10-year mine life
- 6 % Site Allowance & Quarterly Bonus Scheme
- Private Health Insurance Allowance
- Salary continuance scheme and life insurance
- Residential or FIFO rosters on offer
- Continual training and the ability to expand your career
- Salary Sacrifice options