Specialist : Drill Fitter
Job Type: Full time
Gold Fields is a globally diversified gold producer with nine operating mines in Australia, Peru, South Africa and West Africa (including the Asanko JV), as well as one project in Chile
Gold Fields' mining assets in the Australia region (GFA) include a 100% interest in the St Ives, Agnew and Granny Smith mines and a 50:50 interest in the Gruyere JV project with Gold Road Resources.
The underground mobile maintenance at Granny Smith has an opportunity for a Specialist: Drill Fitter to join their team.
Reporting to the Leading Hand: Mechanical, you will be responsible for supporting and coaching team members to carry out safe and quality drill servicing and diagnostics as directed by the Leading Hand and Supervisor. You will also identify opportunities for improvements and drive initiatives to increase drill performance and reliability as directed by your Supervisor.
As an employee at Gold Fields we expect all levels of employees to always act in a manner that seeks to align and enhance the values, safety culture and performance of Gold Fields.
This role is offered on 8 days on 6 days off roster and is Fly in Fly out from Perth.
- 6% Site Allowance & Private Health Insurance Allowance
- Quarterly Bonus Scheme
- Virgin Velocity reward points
- Salary sacrifice options
- Increased leave entitlements for annual leave, paid primary and secondary parental leave
- Employee referral program - $10,000 per successful referral!
- Employee Assistance Program
- Long service leave pro rata after 5 years of continuous service
- Paid family and domestic violence leave
- Educational assistance
About the role:
- Provide support, coaching and guidance to team members allocated to drill servicing and diagnostics to ensure quality and consistency in maintenance practices.
- Provide advice on improvements to drill servicing and diagnostics and drive initiatives to enhance drill reliability and availability
- Share maintenance knowledge, expertise and practical application to minimize down time and subsequent loss of production
- Assist with ongoing training and mentoring of apprentices, trainees and contractors
- Requisitioning of parts and materials and processing of maintenance orders
- Develop, implement and maintain adherence to appropriate procedures and processes to ensure consistent, timely and efficient delivery of mining plans.
- Australian recognised Heavy Mechanical Trade Qualification
- Previous experience in mechanical maintenance in an underground or surface environment and knowledge of mining technologies and equipment
- Previous experience coaching and mentoring team members
- Extensive experience with Atlas M7C and E7C drills and MT6020 and MT65 trucks is desirable.
- Experience experience with Sandvik development drills DD421 and DD422i is desirable.
- Automotive Air Conditioning license preferred but not essential.
- Valid C Class Manual driver’s license
- Previous SAP & AMT experience is desirable
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
Applications can be submitted via: https://careers.goldfields.com/Australia
Gold Fields is committed to achieving an inclusive workforce. We recognise that the diverse talent of our people will ultimately determine our growth, performance and success. We strongly encourage applications from female, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, as well as candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds.
At Gold Fields we work together as a team to deliver excellent results and take pride in what we do. We actively seek input from others and truly believe that diverse views improve the quality of our work. We work hard, so when the business achieves its goals, employees can share in better salary increases and bonuses, and we have more money to invest in communities and ongoing renewable energy projects.